The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a great pyranese from a woman because it roamed should got it from a family member of a farm. She's not really a pet but she's never been with goats. is it hard for them to catch on? Will her instincts tell her what to do she's a year and a half old... Or is she a lost cause?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put her in the barn with a goat and sheep and she barked at them and ran away... Then dug out of the pen repeatedly to run

·
Super Moderator
59,745 Posts
She may need some time to adjust. I would try her with different animals if have more than goats and sheep. Would she be happy just in a big pasture?

·
Super Moderator
59,745 Posts
I was really hoping she would be happy at your place with more room to roam and work out to be a good guard. Her habits may be too ingrained and hard to break now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was really hoping she would be happy at your place with more room to roam and work out to be a good guard. Her habits may be too ingrained and hard to break now.
I hope that she was young enough that she would figure it out but I think that it may be too late ); I may just keep her as a pet anyway but I'm still going to try to breed her to the Kuvasz and raise my own guard Dog

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apparently not. she kept escaping, so I fixes that she couldn't escape she went through the chain-link wire and is gone..... again.

·
Super Moderator
59,745 Posts
At least you tried sounds like it was too ingrained in her to roam. I give you a lot of credit for doing everything you did and trying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts