Not sure if Doe is pregnant

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by moday, Dec 12, 2008.

1. moday

moday Member

Oct 10, 2007
    We have a doe that was put in with a Buck on Nov 23. She has been there since, and the buck owner (at their house) tells us that no action has occured.

We were quite sure that there was mucous in the doe's urine on Nov 9th.

It's been 20 days now with the buck. Others responded earlier that she probably got pregnant at night one time that was un-noticed.

What would you guys recommend?

The buck owner seems very willing to work with us, but when do I give up and assume that she's pregnant?? 25 days with a buck?

Outside of the mucous in the urine on Nov. 9th, I never noticed this doe in heat. Is it possible that something is not correct in her body? Does that happen?

We were hoping for kids before May 1, and that may not be possible.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    by now you wont get kids before may first if she is bred today. If she was bred before then she will kid in april.

a does cycle is 18-21 days on average. I would wait another couple days to make sure and then bring her home.

Hold old is she?

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I had a doe at my place for two months because I never saw anything happen either. BUT I ma not with them 24-7. I did call the owner and talk to her and she said that you NEVER know when she is in heat. She is a silent heat girl. Yes the one I had at my place is bred. She is getting big according to the owner.
    How old is your Girl?
  4. moday

moday Member

Oct 10, 2007
    She is going to be two in April, 2009.

This is our first attempt to breed her.

She is not overweight. Looks average to me.

Maybe she's pregnant????