The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The strangest thing happened tonite. I have 3 Nigerian (Mom and 2 boys 4 months). I put them in their pen and closed the gate as usual about 6pm. It looked like rain but shed door was open as usual. They have always put themselves in the shed at dusk or if it rains. I always go out between 7:30 and 8 to lock the shed and say goodnight. I walked out talking away and no goats in shed. Looked around (pitch black out here) and they were huddled under a tree. They came in the shed when I called but seemed tentative. I looked around the pasture but saw nothing alarming. Any ideas? I hate that they got wet.

Linda

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
I agree, Sounds like there was something they were afraid of...maybe a snake?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your responses, a snake is the only thing I can think of unless a raccoon wandered in but can't make that one fit. I overreacted because I'm new to this and have read that goats are susceptible to respiratory problems if cold and wet. I tried to dry them off but they would have none of that. Again, thank you for the input.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
We had a crazy storm come threw here the other day. My doelings did the same thing but there was nothing in their house. I have had other goats do this before. Maybe they were just wanting to keep a look out for things coming in. I don't know I just don't stress over the odd things they do any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts