Not the Taj Mahal.........

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by enjoytheride, Dec 5, 2007.

1. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I finally make myself go out to work again on my rush building job- a new shed for Dottie's kidding. But before I worked on enclosing the front, I did take a picture. It is so muddy here that I kept losing my boots- sucked right off.
    [​IMG]

Not up to some of the standards I've seen here but I was trying to spend as little as possible on it- All I've had to buy is the wiggle board and the 2x4's.

2. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    You say it's no Taj Mahal, but I think you've done a pretty nice job. No wonder your boots are getting sucked right off. That's a pretty big puddle out front.
    [​IMG]

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    made me laugh for sure- thanks. Sort of a reverse mirage-
    Actually, since I live on a first hill from the ocean, it is seriously wet for about 5-6 months each year. The wind off the ocean loses some of it moisture right here- either rain, fog or snow. I use rubber stall mats going from the goat shed to their gate and then gravel and another trail of mats going from the house to the hay shed. The horses are confined to a paddock with inches and inches of chipped redwood covering the ground in order to keep above the mud level.
    I'll put landscape cloth down in the shed and put 8-10 inches shredded redwood on that and cover that with mats. Can't do more til summer when it dries enough to get a vehicle in to put in gravel. Thsi is the season the goat girls mostly hang out on the mats.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    NICE work! I need my dad to teach me how to build things.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Great job. What are you going to do to keep them from getting wet in the mud? What I do when it happens here. I have pallets down and I have plywood on top of that, then the straw on the plywood. I want to make sure they do not break a ankle on the pallets.