Noticed little bites on my arms after carrying allis.....

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by 3pygmymom, Jan 28, 2010.

1. 3pygmymom

3pygmymom New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Little allis crawled under one of the gates and was in the yard. I picked her up and lockedher back up in their barn with their run. When I came in I had little bite marks where I had been touching her, what can this be?? I did not see anything crawling on her......they were little like gnat bites sort of and very itchy!

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She may have fleas or lice or you may be somewhat allergic. I am fine when i'm petting my horses, but if I rub a bare arm on their neck or something I will sometimes get little red itchy marks.

3. 3pygmymom

3pygmymom New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    would the lice be visible? (she is black ) i thought maybe it might be a little bit of allergic reaction but also wanted to see if there is anything that i should check her for first.

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    They are not as noticeable on black goats as they are on white goats.....if you want to, just to be sure, you can use a bit of Sevin dust on her as well as her bedding. It won't hurt her and it's not wet like a spray so you won't risk a chill.

5. 3pygmymom

3pygmymom New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    i think i will do that just to make sure, do i rub in a little so she doesnt lick it offf?