The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I raising them the same as a non registered goat? What is the difference? Are they more than likely to be wormy all the time? They were exposed also to purebred abga billy from Aug.1 -Nov 1st. Are they bred? One female is 100% purebred my other female is 87.5%.

· Super Moderator
65,329 Posts
Goats are goats. They just have a fancy paper is all. You care for them all the same way. They all need a good loose mineral, wormed appropriately, and proper hay/feed.

You can always have blood drawn and mail in to BioTracking for a pregnancy test.

· Super Moderator
16,973 Posts
I don't with :( that's on the top of my list to learn. If they were bred around the first of augest they should....might be getting a small bag. Most of my girls are due in aug. And all but a few have little bags. You could take a pic of their behind that includes butt vagina and bag all in one shot and post it and someone might be able to tell ya just keep in mind if bred end of Oct might be harder for someone to tell :)

· Administrator
96,111 Posts
I agree with what has been said. They are the same as any other goats.

I also agree very skinny, I'd get a fecal done for worms and cocci.

Not sure if they are preggo or not, as they look skinny especially the one Doe.

If they took when first exposed to the buck it would be 3 months pregnant which you should see an udder forming.
Of course if they took later than that they wouldn't be showing.

In case they are preggo, be careful what you give them as in wormers ect.

Can you get pooch pics?

Do they have loose salt and minerals free choice with copper/ selenium ect?

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with what has been said. They are the same as any other goats.

I also agree very skinny, I'd get a fecal done for worms and cocci.

Not sure if they are preggo or not, as they look skinny especially the one Doe.

If they took when first exposed to the buck it would be 3 months pregnant which you should see an udder forming.
Of course if they took later than that they wouldn't be showing.

In case they are preggo, be careful what you give them as in wormers ect.

Can you get pooch pics?

Do they have loose salt and minerals free choice with copper/ selenium ect?[/QUOTE
Umm ur scaring me on that. I can get more pics and post. Also have another question. On the top back are goats suppose to be sunk in? They look fat stomachs but back bone is sunk. Why?

· Administrator
96,111 Posts
I agree with Arborgoats.

I don't mean to Scare you :(

Pooch pics may help, tail up naturally, close enough to be clear with udder area. Or you can get a preg test done on them to verify.
usually by 3 months along, some members can tell.

Until you are sure they are preggo or not, treat them as if they are.

I see a bowel full of feed, if they are not use to it, I would start them out very gradual on it or they will start scouring and get an upset rumen, this is with any feed change or increase.

Get a fecal right away, so you will know what and if they have worms or cocci and how treat.
How are their gums/ lower eye membrane color area, white, light pink, or nice dark pink/red?

· Raising Nigerian Dwarf DAIRY Goats, registered wit
3,693 Posts
They may have worms.... You have to look at their eyelids and if they're pink: free of worms. Red: you need to deworm them. WHITE: they are full of worms! You need to deworm them. Please don't worm them with a medicated goat dewormer feed. This doesn't help.

· Registered
8,603 Posts
They may have worms.... You have to look at their eyelids and if they're pink: free of worms. Red: you need to deworm them. WHITE: they are full of worms! You need to deworm them. Please don't worm them with a medicated goat dewormer feed. This doesn't help.
Actually, it's:
Dark Red: Healthy
Dark Pink: Healthy
Pink: Fecal Time
Light Pink: Fecal Time
White: Start Red Cell ASAP and get a fecal ASAP.

On this chart, the check marks mean OK, the ? marks questionable, and, well, you know what the skull and crossbones mean.

Attachments

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree with Arborgoats.

I don't mean to Scare you :(

Pooch pics may help, tail up naturally, close enough to be clear with udder area. Or you can get a preg test done on them to verify.
usually by 3 months along, some members can tell.

Until you are sure they are preggo or not, treat them as if they are.

I see a bowel full of feed, if they are not use to it, I would start them out very gradual on it or they will start scouring and get an upset rumen, this is with any feed change or increase.

Get a fecal right away, so you will know what and if they have worms or cocci and how treat.
How are their gums/ lower eye membrane color area, white, light pink, or nice dark pink/red?[/QUOT

Very pink

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is Risa 87.5% .. looking very bonny on top of back bone. Both are not to friendly. Risa is also 3 years old (Risa is small compared to all other boers. .don't know why! Stunt growth maybe?

Attachments

· Super Moderator
65,329 Posts
Your girls are way too thin for Boer goats. Their coats also look rough. You need to get a fecal done to include coccidia. The eyelid color is mainly for Barberpole worm and that doesn't guarantee anything. You need a fecal done and then you need to worm them appropriately.

· Administrator
96,111 Posts
I agree.

Being very under weight, I can't really tell if they are bred. But I think I see udders starting there, pooches poofy looking.

I am very concerned for these Does, they are extremely under condition.

Get the fecal done, so we know where they are there. Membrane color, if it is pink, they are OK for now, in they are not anemic yet, which is a big plus.

Get some Alfalfa and feed just a little bit at a time to get them use to it, plus feed a little bit of 16% protein grain. I would also start them on calfmanna too. Remeber all in moderation. Just a little at a time, and increase as the week or time goes by. But, it is crucial, to find out what is going on there with their weight, it is very concerning for a boer and if they are preggo, it is really going to take it's toll on them.

I don't want you to lose these girls. :(

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Adding a fatty supplement would be a smart thing to do, preferably rice bran or sunflower oil.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.