NOW I'm PO'ed!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well guess what I found on Lyrae today? Some hard lumps on her udder that you can only see and feel when it's full! I'm wondering why her former owner didn't inform me of this!? I asked if there was anything healthwise I needed to know about her! Now I'm going to have to have her tested for EVERYTHING aren't I? I'm so angry I'm about to cry! :veryangry: :angry: :hair: What do I do now? I put all of my spare money into her for use as a show doe.

Remind me never to buy another goat without looking it over again. :angry:

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    And add to that I can't even wholly blame her for it, considering I didn't look her over myself. :tears:

3. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    WOW That sucks! I would be angry too. :veryangry: So what is your next step?

Suellen

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what type of lumps and what do they look like - pictures would help.

are they on the outside or can you feel them inside?

Don't blame her former owners as this maybe a new development if it is indead somethign wrong.

I never jump to conclusions on anything

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

they could just be scar tissue, has she ever had mastits before? Has she ever nursed kids before? Scar tissue can form from kids slamming their heads into their dams udders. Some lines have cysts as well. Dont blow your top yet. It may be nothing :)
    beth

6. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Don't jump to conclusions. How do you know this doe had those lumps BEFORE bringing her home? She may not have developed them while at her previous owners house, there for her previous owner wouldn't be responsible.

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yeah I know, it just upset me to find them. I actually think they may be her mammary glands or something. I don't know how she would have gotten them from here, but yes I guess she could have. I just overreacted, I was so surprised at seeing them. :tears: Sorry. But I'll try to get you guys some pictures tomorrow. Thanks.