The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Pinky, my 9 month old mixed bottle baby. Not sure what she is mixed with.

image-3749677806.jpg

She unfortunately got pregnant by accident when Ace jumped the fence. She is due any day now. Her ligs are getting softer ,her udder is almost full.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, just to be safe, get ready to assist if you have to. Lube your hands, and about up to your elbow, (clean them first:) if the kids are just to big for her to deliver, then you'll just have to help pull(GENTLY) or if they are twisted then you have to rearrange them. Do you have the numbers of a vet or an experienced goat person to call?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, just to be safe, get ready to assist if you have to. Lube your hands, and about up to your elbow, (clean them first:) if the kids are just to big for her to deliver, then you'll just have to help pull(GENTLY) or if they are twisted then you have to rearrange them. Do you have the numbers of a vet or an experienced goat person to call?
Yea I've got t
he vet on speed dial. :)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Only nine months! Poor baby! I hope she does well; she looks healthy enough to have them no problem. She does look small, though, what breed is the buck she's bred to?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She is being very very vocal. Lol she wants the world to know what's going on. So far she isn't in any distress. Just walking around then laying down chewing her cud:)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts