NPGA question - registration

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by grandmajo, Jul 28, 2009.

1. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with delays in getting paperwork back from NPGA this year?

I bought a "registered" pygmy buckling on 5/17/09, with a signed contract that stated that the papers would be sent to me when they arrived. As of today, 7/28/09, I still don't have papers. First the breeder stated that she had messed up and put the wrong sire's name on the registration papers, and had to send them back in. Now she claims that she hasn't received them back yet. I've been in contact about every 2 weeks with the breeder, and have the emails to prove it.

I've contacted NPGA, their business manager says that "Typically my turn around is 1 or 2 days in the office. NEVER does it take over a week ( and that is only if I'm on vacation)"

I don't know who to believe?

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry, but it does sound like the delay is on the breeders end, most registries are very good at getting paperwork out, the longest I've waited for a transfer was 2 weeks with AGS, and that was because it was during the time of a few back to back shows.

Have the breeder send you copies of the sire and dams certificates, as well as a bill of sale, you may be better off filling out and sending in your bucklings registration application yourself.

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Hmm...never takes that long for me. :shrug:

What's the breeders name? I can look it up and see if he's registered yet...if you want me to. :wink:

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I haven't dealt with NPGA at all this year but it has never taken me that long in the past. They do not process as quickly as ADGA does but it's not so bad.

Did she have the side photo shot of the buckling? Once I sent in papers and forgot the picture. . . had to redo it. :doh:

5. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Thanks for your replies guys, I know she had a side shot of him, she sent it to me when I asked about him. I'm just getting a little nervous, as she didn't reply to my last email.

Tara, I'll send you a pm with the breeders name, I don't want to post it on a public board, just in case the hold up isn't on her end.