Nu additions! :)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by ProctorHillFarm, Mar 29, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

We had been kicking the idea around for awhile- and today we went to visit a big dairy operation and came home with these two sweeties!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They are both just a week old and come from some pretty good stock- as far as I know with my limited Nubian knowledge. We hope to take them to ADGA shows and produce some mini nubians :greengrin:

:leap:

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh wow! They are beauties!! Congrats!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    They are adorable!!! I assume that both are doelings? Mini Nubes are soooo cute! Hope they do well for you!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What nice looking kids - are they bucklings, doelings, or a mix? Do you know what lines they have in them??

6. ProctorHillFarm

They are both doelings :)

She had a couple gorgeous moonspotted bucks that were hard to resist- but thats an undertaking that we arent ready for yet!

The sire is a Fox Farm (Mary Fox- the judge bred him) otu of a Jesta Farm buck. The does she told me, but I cant seem to remember. She is mailing us all of the paperwork and then Ill have a better idea. It was hard to pick between all the doelings she had to choose from, but the ones we picked she was pretty pleased with their dams udder.

They had a GORGEOUS place, they are commerical and had quite the set up: http://www.valleyviewcheese.com/

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    :drool: They sure are beautiful! Congrats!

8. ProctorHillFarm

So the picture of the first doeling isnt the best- Ill work on better confo shots- but Nubian people- how'd we do? :)

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'll give a novice opinion. :wink: (don't listen to me much though, lol)

First doeling~ Looks like she has nice angular legs, and a fairly flat rump though it's hard to tell for sure. Nice long ears, can't really see her nose though. I can't tell if she's long bodied or not though.

Second doeling~ I like the looks of her a lot, nice a balanced, maybe a tad short bodied though. Nice straight topline into a nice flat rump and also nice angular legs. Nice roman nose and long looking ears.

Sorry I don't know much about lines yet though. And again I'm just a novice so that's the best I can say.

10. ProctorHillFarm

Thanks Crissa!

Doeling #2 is a bit longer bodied and I say has the better "roman" nose out of the two, her ears arent quite as bell shaped as doe #1 though.

I like both their rear leg sets and their rumps are pretty similar, I do think Doe #2 has the flatter topline, though #1 is pretty level too

I knew we were looking for big long bell ears and a long roman face, but that was about all I knew for Nubian breed standard- after that I just looked for best overall conformation.

There was a doe we didnt get that was GORGEOUS- but the breeder said her dams udder was a bit pendulous, though, a GREAT milker, so we passed on her only for that reason, but MAN she was a looker!

Ill try to get better shots, and shots of their heads so I can get your "nubian expert" opinions :greengrin:

11. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  12. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Congrats! :clap:

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations, they are both so sweet looking.

14. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Holy crap they are only a week old. Damn I am use too mini pgymys and small goats. Now I am wondering how big my soon to be new babies Jr and Teeneyweeney are?? MY soon Lamacha babies.