The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
I waited until 8 months and 80 pounds. Ended up breeding her at 9 months I think. If I could go back I would have waited. She isn't as big as other nubians I've seen and can't seem to keep her body condition while feeding her babies. I'm going to dry her off once I sell them to give her time to gain weight before breeding her again.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Goat Forum mobile app

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I waited until 8 months and 80 pounds. Ended up breeding her at 9 months I think. If I could go back I would have waited. She isn't as big as other nubians I've seen and can't seem to keep her body condition while feeding her babies. I'm going to dry her off once I sell them to give her time to gain weight before breeding her again.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Goat Forum mobile app
I had an experience almost exactly like this, and that made me decide that I wasn't going to breed any doelings during their first year again.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
They say for Nigerians 40# and I think that's so little still, although my adults are only around 60# I feel I should wait longer... June is 35# at 6 months and I don't think she's ready to be bred...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts