The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been struggling with this one for over a week trying anything I could think of. I have a mature Nubian doe 4 years old... she just kidded for the 2nd time with triplets about a month and a half ago. They are doing fine she has plenty of milk for all 3. About a week and a half ago she would not get up to eat. She gets up on her front legs but can't pull herself up in the back. With a little help pulling up on her rear end she gets up and walks around fine. She's been wormed twice with ivermectin and valbazen. I had her on strong penicillin injections and vitamin B complex 3 times a day for a week suspecting polio or listeria. I have seen no change. She eats good ... even exorbitantly always hungry seems like eating grass hay and my 14% grain mix. Her poops are healthy berries. She drinks well. She just can't seem to pull her rear off the ground and every couple of hours through the day I go out and help her up she walks around drinks lets kids nurse. Am feeding more alfalfa pelltets recently after reading about hypocalcemia... she's eating them good as well. Any ideas? Thank you.

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
I agree..MW is a possibility. Is she itching along the spine? Acting normal other wise? Hows her famancha? How her udder?

·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she definitely itchy on her belly and butt... i had considered MW because I lost a goat to it I believe a few years ago but opposite time of year and different symptoms... she was doing a lot of head pressing and would lose the herd in the pasture then start crying and had to go find her. These goats are just eating dry hay so i thought less likely to get a slug than in pasture but it has been very wet and mud outside barn. Its worth a shot started her tonight on 25 ml safeguard and vitamin E. Crosses fingers thanks for suggestions...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts