The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Ring worm. I always used when working at the vet clinic betadine on cotton balls to scrub area at least 2 times a day. Yes nu stock will work too but it was just an old fashion habit back then. Never used nu stock on it myself. Just remember to wear gloves as it can transfer to you when treating. I got it once from a horse at the clinic.

·
I'm watching you
22,717 Posts
Ring worm. I always used when working at the vet clinic betadine on cotton balls to scrub area at least 2 times a day. Yes nu stock will work too but it was just an old fashion habit back then. Never used nu stock on it myself. Just remember to wear gloves as it can transfer to you when treating. I got it once from a horse at the clinic.
You're younger than I am. We just burned it off with bleach back in the day. It's easier to cure on humans than animals though. Since it.feeds on hair and skin it's much harder to rid animals of it.
I would suggest sponging over the spots with a 10% bleach 90% water solution to kill the spores and then cover it with blue coat.
The problem with ointments is that you can get rid of the ring and it will still be in the animals hair. Then he becomes a carrier and you deal with it for way too long.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Keep in mind also ringworm is something you cant exactly cure immediately it still has to run its course which can be like 4-6 weeks. Keep up with medicating and scrubbing your should be able to keep it from spreading or getting worse...scrubbing with betadine then coating with something like blu kote is my favorite way to go.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Maybe clipping hair (fewer places to harbor, more UV, easier to treat) would help speed up healing. I'd also focus on immune boosters and zinc. It's a fungus so anti-fungals like lavender essential oil or tea tree can help too (I'd put it in a teeny spray, diluted a bit, and avoid eyes).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts