The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been struck with several health issues in the last 8 months and after much consideration my wife and I have decided to sell our herd. We have 17 does and 1 buck, all registered with papers in hand. They have been vet checked and inspected 4 times by the Alabama Department of Public Health as a build up to starting of our micro dairy. Seven of the does have had their first year of production. Eight of the does are scheduled to go into production this year and next. Two of the does are retired and serve as nursery does. When we separate the kids from their moms we put them with the nursery does. That mitigates separation anxiety and they keep order with the kids. The buck is our forth buck. He produces top quality kids. If you are interested in a complete herd that has been bred for genetics and heavy milk production this is the herd. It has taken me seven years to breed this herd and I hate to give them up but after 2 cancer surgeries and one foot surgery in the last 8 months I need to turn them over to someone that can appreciate quality nubians and treat them right. I can be contacted at [email protected] or 256-506-4736 (cell).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do u have any does in milk at this time? If so, how much are u asking. I've been searching for one since past spring. My 2 does won't be in milk until next spring and I'm spending 100.00 a week just on 8 gallons. I live in southeast texas.

·
Registered
828 Posts
How much?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts