nubian kids: non-eater doing better, now diarrhea

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by billmac, Apr 26, 2009.

1. billmac

billmac Member

Sep 8, 2008
    The non-eating nubian kid is doing better. We will have to pick her up and hold the bottle in her mouth, but she's a little more enthusiastic about eating and doesn't run and hide when we show up with the bottles. It's work, but she's getting as much food (replacer) as the others. Yesterday we went from 4 feedings to 3 feedings per day. Today I noticed some brown, loose stool in the pen. I don't know which kid has diarrhea.

Any worries yet?
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    non of them have a messy rear? Thats what i do first check their bum

If nothing then I would try and watch to see who it is. Best to get them treated for whatever it is quickly if there is a need.

Ideas that come to mind are: formula isnt mixed the way they need it (some need it more watered down others need more formula mixed in), chance of coccidia, stress, worms.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Check their bum's to see who is having the loose poo and take the kids temp. :)
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with stacey...and runaround. :wink:

when the kid started taking the bottle....did you start out with a little ...then increase ...? the kids body is not use to it and that may be why ......scouring started ...that is if it that particular kid..... :wink:

Which ever kids has the should see a messy tail... butt or legs....if stacey said watch....and you'll find out... :wink: