The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Nubian/Kiko cross? If you doe, would you mind posting some pictures of them? I'ld Like to get a Nubian doe sometime, and would like to see, in general, how the kids turn out!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
We have MaryKay that has a Kiko daddy and a boer/nubian mama. Mama looks super nubian except for the ears...but I don't know what the percentage on her is. Here is a pic of Cinnamon and then MK....the pictures really don't do her justice...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
She is a super nice goat. She should be a FF this year but I'm not sure she's bred. She is suppose to be kidding....like...NOW. LOL She has until the 15th of the month to pop one out as that would be the last kidding date from the buck leaving here. Hubby says she is starting to show so I'll go out in the frigid cold sometime today and get a better look at her and see what I think. She grew really fast her first year. Topped my other babies by a good 3 inches at fair time! With the milk her mama produces....well....I hope she gets some of that milking ability too.

·
8,495 Posts
I love Kikos. My 2 old wethers are 7/8 Kiko, 1/8 Nubian. They just hang out at our old farm and are happy with any attention or none. If I had to start over, I would be tempted to raise Kikos. But I'm too deep into dairy now.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mom was full Nubian, father Boer/Kiko cross on this doeling.

Me, personally, I had some kiko/boer cross does and didn't like them, really at all. I sold one and sent the other off to market. They really took longer to mature out and didn't get as thick as the higher percentage Boer does.
We kept this doe because we lost her mother and my kids got attached.

Plant Dog breed Dog Grass Fawn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts