Nubian Milking Lines and Question

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by SterlingAcres, Jul 1, 2010.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    First off, I don't know much about Nubians, especially lines. I mainly wanted the Nubians for extra milk for our house, as well as selling F1 generation Mini-Nubians.

Could anyone who knows something about Nubian lines take a look at these links? I do see that Jiffypop is an 11*M doe (listed on their ADGA paperwork here) and is their sire's dam. I'm pretty excited about that. I'll have some good pictures tomorrow. They need a lot of help. Some city people bought them as babies from the breeder and fed them nothing but sweet feed. Seriously, I'm 99% sure they've never had hay :chin: They're about 50lbs overweight, as least. I've never seen rolls on a goat, but these ladies are close. lol

Okay, links.

Here's Pepper's:
    http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail. ... N001404492

Here's Ping's:
    http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail. ... N001404493

Next my question. Breeding related. These does aren't like miniatures, correct? They only come into season in the fall?

Thanks guys :thumbup:

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Pepper has some pretty good lines on her sire's side, Full Service is a very influential buck if I remember right, the Lynnhaven lines are good too. I don't really recognize anything on her dams side. Ping's dam's line has some Lynnhaven in it as well.

And yep, they only come in heat in the fall :)

3. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    At least that will give you time to get them in shape. A fat goat is not the best candidate for motherhood.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    dont know a thing about nubian lines but I do know that nubians tend to go into heat from august to february.