Nubians, Alpines, and a Jersey, oh my! PICTURE OVERLOAD!! :)

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Anna, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Alrighty so here is an update of my lovely little "farm". As you may know I've for been inducted into the Florida goat family, becuase of the extreme lack of dairy goats in North Alabama. LOL. I sold out the previous herd thinking it was time for me to get out of goats, but I was wrong... once bitten by the goat bug, always bitten.

You met Junya my and Nuttah as little kids several months ago. They were bottle babies I purchased from the first show I went to in Tampa. They've grown like weeds and are now getting ready to be bred! *sniffles* We attended the Orlando fair, Nuttah took 5th out of a pretty large class, and Junya took 10th in a HUGE line up of nubian kids... I mean we had to make four lines in a large ring to even set every kid up. I was so excited that we placed high up in both classes. And my babies were even a little on the younger side.

Then while in Orlando I purchased a bred 2 year old yearling nubian Myrtle Lee who is due the last week of August to the first week of September. I also purchased a 2 week old baby nubian doe Plain Jane and I was GIVEN a yearling Alpine milker, Butterbean, after someone heard I needed milk for my soap business!! Goat people are best....

So here they are. At the RED GATE.
    [​IMG]
    Nuttah saying "Look Ma, I'm a Lamancha!"
    [​IMG]
    Junya playing her cute card...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jr's eating Breakfast.
    [​IMG]
    Baby Jane getting her ba ba.
    [​IMG]
    I cant believe how big she's getting...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Myrtle(nubian) and Butterbean(Alpine)
    [​IMG]
    ButterB
    [​IMG]
    Myrtle again, she is so sweet!
    [​IMG]
    Nuttah's cute little double chin. hee hee
    [​IMG]
    And last but not least, Elsie, my Jersey calf. She just a BIG baby.LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

What a happy little herd!

And I LOVE your feeding system- what a great idea!
    Of course- I have too many to make that practical, but great thinking! :)

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    they all look happy and great!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    such a nice herd there Anna -- growing a nice little show herd cool

your jersey looks sweet :D

5. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Aww, I love that caption of the one of sticking her head and pinning her ears back. Too cute!

You have adorable goats! :)

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    What sweet faces....Awww...........thanks for sharing....... :love:

7. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Just beautiful!! All of them! Thanks for sharing! :greengrin:

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a variety of beauties! You are sure to get more than enough milk for soap and other goodies next year!

Jersey's are a favorite of mine, I just love the color as well as those gorgeous eyes :love:

9. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    I love Jersey's too. I started showing them from the time I could walk with my dad being an extension agent and all. They always have those big soulful eyes and gentle expressions. I was so excited when I finally saved up enough money to buy a calf for myself. I have several registered under my name that live at the dairy, but really, they have never been mine to REALLY raise.

I tell you what though, goats are so much more entertaining and fun to keep! Elsie is a sweetheart, but she is about as dumb as a box of rocks. LOL. Herd of dairy goats vs. dairy cows? I'ld take the goats any day.

10. Great looking herd. And I look beyond and see FL. LOL

I lived there for 25 years. :shocked: Born and raised in Tampa. Raised at Turkey Creek Ranch near Plant City. That's why I will never give up on having horses again. :pray: LOL Now most of my family is in WPB, but have them from Miami to Jax, Largo to Dade City. I am visiting in Nov. :dance: but by it kills trying to see everyone. I noramlly miss someone but not for a lack of trying. :hair:

Again, great herd! :thumb: