The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on this Nubians rear end? She is 7 months old. Just purchased her.
Her vagina looks swollen and wet..maybe in heat?
But her booty end Looks a little dirty...worms? Her eyelid and coat look fine...
Eye Working animal Dog breed Fawn Goat
Head Vertebrate Human body Working animal Mammal
Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Wood Tints and shades
Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Tints and shades Antelope

(I know most of you will say take a sample in which i will but in the mean time...would like opinions)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She had one clumpy poop (which made me think worms again) but then the rest have been normal pellets...
The lady said she did worm her (the whole herd) 5 days ago with liquid safeguard...
All her goats looked great though. ‍♀

(I gave her some probiotics when we got home just to help with any stress from the trip home. )

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
6,720 Posts
It could just have been moving stress and diet changes that made her have some clumpieness. I will say that safeguard does not work as well as other wormers in some areas, so a fecal still would be a good idea.;) More probiotic wouldn't hurt while your figuring out if worms are an issue.

She's a pretty girl by the way. She looks very healthy otherwise.

·
TKC Farms
2,675 Posts
I think she is in season. What does your buck think? You can’t fool him. If you let him around her for a few minutes you’ll know for sure. I would not let him with her for long , just to see reaction then take him out . If he shows no interest in her then it’s something else.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think she is in season. What does your buck think? You can't fool him. If you let him around her for a few minutes you'll know for sure. I would not let him with her for long , just to see reaction then take him out . If he shows no interest in her then it's something else.
I have a 4 month old buckling who tried getting on her right away haha. He's so much shorter than her it's entertaining.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She looks pregnant to me! I am most likely wrong but as soon as I opened up the post and saw the photos I thought it!
I thought that also when I purchased her. And asked if she's ran with a buck already and she said no...and she had them in separate pens...

So then I thought okay maybe bloated?
And she said she thought it was because she was eating too many carbs...so she stopped feeding them the feed mixed with corn. I dunno.
I'll take in a fecal and start there...

·
TKC Farms
2,675 Posts
I thought that also when I purchased her. And asked if she's ran with a buck already and she said no...and she had them in separate pens...

So then I thought okay maybe bloated?
And she said she thought it was because she was eating too many carbs...so she stopped feeding them the feed mixed with corn. I dunno.
I'll take in a fecal and start there...
Why does everybody want to feed corn? Corn for me has proved to be a disaster for feed. Maybe a little once in a while but none is better. IMO

Reactions: goatblessings
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.