The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on this Nubians rear end? She is 7 months old. Just purchased her.
Her vagina looks swollen and wet..maybe in heat?
But her booty end Looks a little dirty...worms? Her eyelid and coat look fine...
IMG_2335.jpg
IMG_2342.jpg
IMG_2334.jpg
IMG_2333.jpg

(I know most of you will say take a sample in which i will but in the mean time...would like opinions)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She had one clumpy poop (which made me think worms again) but then the rest have been normal pellets...
The lady said she did worm her (the whole herd) 5 days ago with liquid safeguard...
All her goats looked great though. ‍♀

(I gave her some probiotics when we got home just to help with any stress from the trip home. )

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,536 Posts
It could just have been moving stress and diet changes that made her have some clumpieness. I will say that safeguard does not work as well as other wormers in some areas, so a fecal still would be a good idea.;) More probiotic wouldn't hurt while your figuring out if worms are an issue.

She's a pretty girl by the way. She looks very healthy otherwise.

·
TKC Farms
2,478 Posts
I think she is in season. What does your buck think? You can’t fool him. If you let him around her for a few minutes you’ll know for sure. I would not let him with her for long , just to see reaction then take him out . If he shows no interest in her then it’s something else.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think she is in season. What does your buck think? You can't fool him. If you let him around her for a few minutes you'll know for sure. I would not let him with her for long , just to see reaction then take him out . If he shows no interest in her then it's something else.
I have a 4 month old buckling who tried getting on her right away haha. He's so much shorter than her it's entertaining.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She looks pregnant to me! I am most likely wrong but as soon as I opened up the post and saw the photos I thought it!
I thought that also when I purchased her. And asked if she's ran with a buck already and she said no...and she had them in separate pens...

So then I thought okay maybe bloated?
And she said she thought it was because she was eating too many carbs...so she stopped feeding them the feed mixed with corn. I dunno.
I'll take in a fecal and start there...

·
TKC Farms
2,478 Posts
I thought that also when I purchased her. And asked if she's ran with a buck already and she said no...and she had them in separate pens...

So then I thought okay maybe bloated?
And she said she thought it was because she was eating too many carbs...so she stopped feeding them the feed mixed with corn. I dunno.
I'll take in a fecal and start there...
Why does everybody want to feed corn? Corn for me has proved to be a disaster for feed. Maybe a little once in a while but none is better. IMO

Reactions: goatblessings

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
I don’t have Nubians, but my first thought was she looks bred too.
She’s a pretty doe. I love her markings. I’m sure she’ll be a nice addition to your herd. Congratulations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts