The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
I would much rather dam raise, but if I really needed to bottle feed, If availiable goat's milk is the best, then I would use a milk replacer made for livestock. For all baby animals here who need bottles, I use a pritchard teat screwed on the end of any plastic soda or beer bottle that we may have at the time.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
why dont you do a search - this question was asked and there was a great discussion.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes and what works for one farm may nto work for another.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I do a combo of both, I get all the benefits of both w/ none of the drawbacks. I feed goat milk, w/ store bought cows milk as my second choice.

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
I prefer the nursing kids...it makes it easier. :wink: ..I only bottle feed... if a kid isn't getting enough... from it's momma.... due to first freshener ...that doesn't have enough milk and to give her the time... to drop her milk....I still let the baby suckle from momma ...as it helps stimulate mom... to drop her milk...and I don't have a "Pure bottle baby"... and the momma is still bonded with her/him .... :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts