The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Okay starting her on penicillin. Let me know if I should try to get a different antibiotic. Might take her to the vet tomorrow or Friday if she doesn’t get any better.

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
No advice, just wishing Ebony improves quickly!

Reactions: Ashlynn

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
I don't have banamine, but might be able to get some tomorrow from the vet or a friend. Is there something else I can give her for the fever in the mean time? Her milk and udder seems fine. Is there any worm that zimecterin gold doesn't kill? Possible resistance to the ivermectin in the zimecterin gold as we use it most out of the wormers, about every 3 months in various goats depending on if famancha is at borderline or less.
You NEED to have a fecal and include coccidia on it too for her. Worming every three months because of famacha is a lot of worming and you dont know what load she actually has without fecals and what wormer to use to treat specific loads. I say make sure they do for cocci too because of the crazy weather this winter. I had to do cocci treatment on two of my grown does..... and i have never had that happen in an adult. Cocci can suck blood worse than worms sometimes i think.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
You NEED to have a fecal and include coccidia on it too for her. Worming every three months because of famacha is a lot of worming and you dont know what load she actually has without fecals and what wormer to use to treat specific loads. I say make sure they do for cocci too because of the crazy weather this winter. I had to do cocci treatment on two of my grown does..... and i have never had that happen in an adult. Cocci can suck blood worse than worms sometimes i think.
We haven't had crazy weather in Florida this winter and I'm getting a fecal done for her this weekend. Gonna look into doing fecals on my own too.

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
This morning her temp. is 100.5 which I’m assuming is partially because it’s a little chilly out but I think that means no fever. Penicillin must have helped. She’s acting fine now too.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts