NuStock?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Sfgwife, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    can i use it on an udder and teats if the baby is nursing? I have never used it before but see it works great for things like this. Bess the cow has some ick spots on her teats from her calf nursing. Nothing is an open sore right now but she does have some scabs. And her teats are just really dry to me compared to my goats. Poor girl! I have been using the cream i make but it does not seem to be helping much. Mine is made with olive oil, tinny amt bees wax, tea tree and lavender. Or maybe i just need to give my cream more time to work? I have only been using it for three days now. Tonight we are gonna check his teeth because we forgot to when we had him up for banding and tagging this mornin. :/.

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

No. Can't use NuStock. What about just coconut oil?

toth boer goats, Sfgwife and MadHouse like this.

3. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    I wouldn’t use NuStock if the baby is still nursing or if you’re milking. Bag balm or a similar udder cream would be a safer bet. If you have an open sore start, I’d go with chlorhexidine cream in addition to the udder cream since that is what is used in Fight Bac.

Sfgwife and MadHouse like this.
  4. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    I kinda figure when i saw the ing in it. But wanted make sure. I will try the coconut oil. I think my udder cream might have coconut oil in it. I need go check the recipe again.... it has been a while since i made it. Thanks!

Iluvlilly! and MadHouse like this.
  5. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    I use chlorhex wipes to clean her and fight bac after milking. The udder cream that i use is similar to bag balm but without preservatives and junk in it.

MadHouse likes this.
  6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Hey, where do you get said chrolhex wipes? I've been trying to figure out what I am going to use for milking hygiene and where I am going to get it.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  7. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    I make mine. Either sensitive baby wipes and pour the chlorhex solution in the container so they are pretty wet or the single size paper towels in a hard wipe container. I have seen chlorhex wipes for sale though.

Iluvlilly! and MellonFriend like this.