Nutmeg's surprising measurement! pics added

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by CapriGem, Mar 8, 2011.

1. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    So my Nigerian Dwarf Doe (Nutmeg) is due March 12, 2011. She looks really big, so I decided to measure her belly.

She is 18 inches high at the shoulder.......drum roll please .................she is 48 1/2 inches around!!! :shocked:

She looks like she is gonna pop. She grunts when I feel her belly, and seems pretty uncomfortable.

Last year (her first kidding) she had quadruplets.

2. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Re: Nutmeg's surprising measurement!

I don't know what they normally measure but it sounds like she must be huge! Pictures? :D

3. Crossroads Boers

Crossroads Boers Colorful Quality Boers

Feb 19, 2011
    Mossyrock,WA

WOW!! That is a big belly! I hope Nutmeg has beautiful, healthy kids for you!!!! It won't be long!

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh my goodness! What a productive doe! Quads for a FF?!...I bet she's got another big group of kids again for ya! Keep us posted! :D

5. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

That is one big belly for a pygmy. I hope you are ready for lots of kids. I have been taking belly measurements on my doe since the week after she was bred. It has been alot of fun to see them go up and it helped confirm her pregnancy. Good luck!

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Thats big :shocked: Bet she has quads again! Sending happy, healthy kidding vibes your way! :hug:

My beloved pygmy doe Dolly had 2 sets of triplets for me...and at 19" tall her belly each time was 53 inches around! Even when she wasn't preggy, she was a very wide stocky girl.

7. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA

Stay tuned...I will go see if I can get a pic for your viewing pleasure :thumb:

8. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    Here she is, she looks much bigger in person. She is round like a drum and full all over.

These are pics taken with my phone so they are not very good, but they give you an idea of her girth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
    Aww poor girl! hope everything goes well!

10. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

She looks like my poor Athena did. Poor girl Is she close? i hope she can get them out soon.

11. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    Her tentative due date is March 12, 2011. This is her 3rd and final breeding date. She was with the buck for a few days just to make sure she got bred.

This will be her 2nd freshening. I am hoping for a doeling I can retain.

12. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

I like her coloring, it will be interesting to see what you get.

13. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Caprigem,

DANG! I am impressed. That is a wide little doe you have there. I predict you will get :kidblack: :kidblack: :kidblack: :kidblack: Lol, and here I was thinking that my one doe being 41 inches around sounded big...

Tracy

14. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

:shocked: She is big! Poor little gal, I'm glad it's getting close. Looking forward to baby pics!

15. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

.......can she walk? LOL BIG girl you got there. ;) sending pink vibes your way. :)

16. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    She waddles, I feel so bad for her. I hope she kids soon.

She huffs and puffs just standing there :(

She had 3 breeding/due dates....I have been waiting since January for her to kid. I kept thinking "she is big she will kid this time for sure" nope she kept getting bigger and bigger!

March 12th-ish is her final possible date. She was with the buck for a few days.

She was from quads.
    She had quads her first kidding.
    The buck is from quads.
    His first kids on the ground are quads.

Who knows what she has in there??? It will be a surprise...as long as I don't go crazy waiting!!! :sigh:

17. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Hmmm, quads + quads.... I am going with 8 kids in there this time around. :ROFL: Just kidding but that said, quints would not be suprising to me....

Tracy

18. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Either there are three healthy boys in there (plush a tiny girl ;) ) or Quints.
    Ditto, Dunfactor :laugh:

19. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas
    My doe is due anyday, she measures 49 iches. lol I'm hoping for quads. She was bred to Piddlin Acres buck, Piddlin Acres Rick O Shay. :wink: