The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had Cream since May 9, her and her kid, (Espresso) Bean and another yearling ND, Starbuck who is actually a doe. I got them from a lady near me who had them as pasture livestock for ag exempt tax break. I also bought an in milk mini La Mancha from another farm, “Mo”cha
I went through some Scours with Cream and Starbuck about a week after copper bolusing everyone (except the kid) I the wormed them with Safeguard and treated them with a Scour aid, and in the midst of that we moved them to my property; before they all had been at my friend’s farm, she has goat experience and was mentoring me through milking and care.
In the move we decided to wean Bean from Cream to help Cream regain condition and also see if the kid wasn’t there if she’d gain some weight. The kid was born March 21st and she’s got Star for company in a small pen while Mo and Cream are across the yard in another larger wooded area. I’m currently feeding alfalfa pellets, and goat feed and coastal hay plus forage from the yaupon/Post oak trees and weeds. I supplement with BOSS and give them a sprinkle of Kelp and of course they have Bakingsoda and loose minerals. I’m getting 2 1/2quarts a day from my milk goat. I want Cream to dry up completely and then breed her And Mo in the Fall (I already have a boyfriend buck that belongs to a neighbor up the road lined up)
My main question is what else can I give Cream for building her up she the thinnest of everyone and gets bullied by my mini LaMancha who eats everything because she making milk,and she’s a bossy Lady.
Thanks in Advance !
Joyce (TxCoffeeCrew)

Attachments

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,331 Posts
Any male goats should only be eating the coastal hay, kelp, and loose minerals in my opinion. No grains, no alfalfa. Boys really don’t need grain if they are over a year old.

Remove baking soda.

What you are feeding is fine nutrition for cream - get a fecal test for worms and coccidia.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have four does “Starbuck” is a extra small doe, they lady I bought them from told me not to bred her as has a narrow pelvis. She 19” high at the withers and is 51Lbs according to the goat weight tape. She’s adorable though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts