"Nutty" issue with pygmy buck

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by liz, Aug 22, 2009.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry bout' the titling, but it IS Hanks testicles that could be an issue. Hank is 5 years and 4 months old and his entire sack hangs so low and heavy that the bottom of his sack is mere inches from his hooves, I've already treated a minor scape on the backside....where that came from IDK, he won't stand with his rear to me long enough for me to get a pic but even though Hank has always been well endowed, each testicle is the size of an elongated softball....no abnormal lumps or bumps...just big and nearly dragging the ground. I've never noticed this before during rut, so is it the extra testosterone or something worse?

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    A looong time ago, I found a buck on the road that followed me home and stuck around for a while. He was a taller buck, now that I think back he had to be a Kiko or Saanen buck of some sort. Well his testicles hung REALLY low. Nearly dragging the ground low.

:scratch:

Buckly's also hang pretty low, but above his hooves. Maybe as they get older, erm, gravity sort of plays a part? Kind of like with women?

:doh:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I was wondering that exact thing! My young guys are nice and tight but then again they are 1 and 2 years old.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sorry - this conversation has me dying laughing .................. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
  6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You are soooooo ROTTEN!!! :slapfloor:

I know I have really picked some doozy words to say what I mean...but I was really worried that "Hank the Crank" would be needing some support very soon! Any ideas for a "sling" of sorts or pretty much am I destined to be handling his goods daily to be sure he's not getting brush burns?

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    reminds me of how an udder can sag with freshionings -- sometimes they are just not built to last

8. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Reminds me of a song the kids used to sing:

Do your balls hang low?
    Do they wobble to and fro?
    Can you tie them in a knot?
    Can you tie them in a bow?
    Can you throw them over your shoulder like a Continental Soldier?
    Do your balls hang loooowwww?

I'm sorry this had me laughing too!

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hmm, thought that song was about ears...

10. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Nope, that song wasn't just about ears :ROFL: I remember singing those same exact words :thumb:

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :ROFL:

See, I remember ears for that song too.....hmmmmmmm but bheila's right "not just about the ears" :ROFL:

12. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I've heard it with balls, ears and boobs.....anything that hangs I guess :)

13. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: ya'll are killing me here!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

14. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Powder is right that song was sung with boobs in it too, I totally forgot about the boobs :ROFL: :ROFL:

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :slapfloor: Now, I was being "nice" by trying not to mention "udders"........

Being serious now, do you think it's possible that since Hank hasn't bred any of my girls for almost 2 years that this is a reason behind this whole issue?

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    My buck, Mo, was born in '07 and he hasn't bred a doe since May and he "hangs low" as well. :shrug: So I don't really know... :shrug:

17. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I don't know. Maybe it's an age issue like in us humans. I know gravity has taken a toll on me over the past 5 years.

18. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    It could be? Maybe it's uncomfortable to him to breed does like that.

*thoughtful*

:?

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh no, it's not that he can't or won't breed, I just chose to not use him as 2 of my does are his daughter's, 1 doe is retired and the other was bred by an outside buck and his chosen "date" was not old enough to be bred til this year.....Guess I'll find out if this inhibits him from breeding come October :greengrin: