obviously I'm missin some supplies

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Thanatos, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    OK I need a shoppin list of goaty health care items, I have a great first aid set up, but I just got probiot so i need a list of things needed on hand or recipies for how to make it. Thx guys.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Ok ill sell my human children and get the lot :thumb: . Thx Stacey I will pour through it.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    haha yah I know its a lot of stuff but it gives you an idea for when you are making an order.

Did you know through Jeffers www.jefferslivestock.com if you spend 50.00 or more you dont have to pay shipping or handling charges? freight is separate.

So I like to get together a large order so I can save money that way.

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I never knew that...thanks Stacey!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :) :ROFL:

7. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    You can sell human children?

Hmmm, there's an idea. :greengrin:

Anna

8. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Ok all I just bought a whole bunch O stuff frm jeffers.

VetRx® Goat & Sheep, 2 oz
    @ $5.97 = $5.97

1 Goat Nutri-Drench, pint
    @ $16.95 = $16.95

1 LA-200®, 100 ml
    @ $14.79 = $14.79

1 Long-Lasting Penicillin, 100 ml
    @ $8.45 = $8.45

1 Corid® Amprolium 9.6% Solution, 16 oz.
    @ $13.97 = $13.97

1 Bio-Mycin® 200, 100 ml
    @ $12.95 = $12.95

1 Vitamin ADE & B12 Gel, 80 ml tube
    @ $6.25 = $6.25

1 Goats Prefer™ Cal-C-Fresh, 60 cc (75 gm)
    @ $6.25 = $6.25

1 Super Calcium Gel, 10 oz tube
    @ $8.79 = $8.79

They were out of and indef backordered on all b vits. guess I shall find elsewhere. Lemme know If i missed anything side the Bs that I must have.

9. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    AS long as they are not teenagers. YOu have to pay people to take them.

10. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Dang so I can oly sell 2 of em :GAAH: jk i love em I'll just make em do more chores to pay for gaoty supplies :shades:

11. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Did you get any needles/syringes in case you need to give an injection? I use 21 gauge for most stuff. I'm sure someone will chime in (please do) if that's the wrong size.

When I first got my goats, I had the basic equine first aid kit & that was it. Now I've got about 3 toolboxes in the barn full of stuff and one door shelf in the fridge for just goat meds that need to be frigerated.

I also keep a cordless trimmer (regular human hair kind), antibiotic spray, butterfly bandages, antibiotic wipes (travel pack), a thermomenter and notepad (for making notes re: temp & behavior) in their own separate tote within easy reach from inside the goat pen. I learned quickly that you don't want to have to dig or search when you need those things should a problem occur.

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it certainly is a good list - you will always find something you are missign no matter how much stuff you have!

I told my goat friend near me to not buy anything until she asks me first though - if someone found out they didnt have something or a sistuation came up on the board where they needed something and didnt have it, I put it on my list so I would have it! :doh: so I have a large "medicine" kit (it is now spilling out of it) stuff will expire before I ever get to use it. But I feel better because i have it on hand.

MissMM I to have started to take over my mom's one shelf on the fridge door- at first she balked at it but now she is resigned to the fact :ROFL:

13. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    You can get the at TSC that is where we get ours. Right now Tashie is on a b12 shot in the morning and I buy hers there.

14. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I conned our horse vet into ordering Thiamine for me the last time he was out for a sick horse. He'll order darn near anything med-wise for my goats as long as I don't ask him to actually look at them :roll:

Stacey.... I CDT'd my pregnant does a few weeks ago & brought the syringes back into the house for disinfecting. My oldest son came home from college, saw those syringes on the counter ....... gave me the most suspicious look I've ever seen and said "mother, is there something I should know.....?" :ROFL: :ROFL:

I should have said "yes, it's time for you and your brothers to have your innoculation against stupid teenager syndrome!"

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    :slapfloor: :ROFL:

over the course of the spring and summer my mom is always telling me "stacey please clean the syringes and get them off the kitchen counter" or "stacey the goat stuff is still on the counter" so she just gave up and put a basket out for me to dump my stuff in hehe

16. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Thats fumnny stuff :ROFL: And yes the one thing I did have was an excellent first-aid kit we bought the on from Capriene supply. Then I added in vet wrap gauze needles both for subq and IM, a whole bunch o syrenges. It was just meds I was missin..... Well at least untill the goats prove me wrong :shrug:

17. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Murphy's Law in the "goat world": If you have it, you won't need it.

Just one vet trip that results in being told you should keep something in stock 'just in case' would pay for most anything you would ever need.

I have a small budget set aside for emergency vet bills and as I go a period of time without needing it, I use that $ to buy another med to have on hand "just in case."

But the horse vet budget is almost always in the red :sigh: