Odd Bump

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by GSFarm, Mar 11, 2008.

1. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    Poseidon has had so many threads it seems that he's probably an internet star. Everything that can go wrong with a goat has happened to him.

A few days ago he injured his leg and I tried to wrap it. It seemed to work for a while, but now that I take the wrapping off he still limps. He also has a bump at the top of his leg on the inside of the leg. It's not squishy, yet it's not firm. Kinda in the middle. What could be wrong?

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm just bumping this up but I remember on GW somebody posting about a buck that had an injured leg and later a bump of fluid came up on the leg that was broken, I don't remember what caused it though sorry :(

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Several years ago I had a doe that injured her leg and a bump came up like that, I think it might of finally went away, but I really can't remember, been a long time ago.

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    If he broke a bone, I doubt he would have stopped limping with a bandage. Maybe with a splint he might have not limped so bad but not a bandage. Where do you mean when you say the top of his leg?
    Wrapping a leg too tight can cause edema, as can a bruise or a strain- without seeing it, it's hard to tell - it could be anything. Which you probably know already lolo.
    When you wrap a leg, you need to watch the pressure and whether there are any wrinkles or tight spots.
    Is is warmer than the surrounding leg? Does he flinch when you touch it? If not, it's porbably edema or a hemotoma.

5. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    He only had the wrap on for a few hours. It wasn't tight and I didn't want it to injure more. The bump doesn't bother him any at all.

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Kind of sounds like a sprain or strain - if he was better with the wrap. Hopefully he'll be all better soon. Can you confine him to a smaller area to make him rest it a bit?