Odd

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by RowdyKidz, May 18, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    We went on a road trip about 2 hours away yesterday. We get lost frequently but we just got a TomTom GPS and we tried it out! Well it lead us to the middle if nowhere!! :angry: Luckily I had the woman's number and she guided us back to her place...after 3 phone calls! And the correct address was plugged in the dumb thing!
    Curse electronical devices!
    Very odd...

Sorry, just had to share my frustration with electronical devices... :help: :help:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sorry ..you where guided in the wrong direction and lost........that had to be frustrating.... but so glad...... you managed to get there OK ...... :hug:

3. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    We bought a Nuvi, supposed to be the top rated GPS. Ya right :slapfloor: I turn the thing on a mile away from home put our address in and it tells us to go to our neighbors. It may have been because the county changed our address but I highly doubt it. It's taken us to the wrong place one other time. Thank goodness I have GPS on my phone too.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well if she lives out in the boonies then the GPS may not do so well. They are better for highway and city then out in the country.

Also you may want to update the maps on it by hooking it up to yoru computer and doing as instructed in the user manual.

5. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yay! Humans triumph over the computer! *positive spin*

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Yea...it was odd. We used it before and it was OK...luckily we talked to a guy, turned around, went straight and it took a couple miles and we were there.
    I sure am glad that goat is AMAZING for what we went through!

At least we were in the same city! And we didn't end up in MI like some of my family did before... :ROFL: