Off Doe

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sparks879, Feb 12, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I just got back in from feeding the goats, I have an almost two year old who is bred for mid june kids. She is normally the most feisty of the bunch the bottem of the herd but the most aggressive at the gate at feeding time. She picked through her alfafa pellets and the little grain that she gets. She dove into minerals that were siting next to her. She was very affectionate, which is odd for her, she leaned on my leg and wanted to be scratched. usually she eats like i have been starving her (which i havn') she is up to date on wormings, was just wormed eleven days ago and yesturday. No snotty nose or eyes membranes look normal pink color. She looked bright, no temperature. perfectly normal other then not wanting her dinner and being more affectionate. When i put her back she walked over to the hay feeder and starting chowing down on hay.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    beth

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    any possibility she isn't bred but is just now in heat?

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i donl't think so, this doe when in heat is very ornery rude and obnoxios. She stands as close as she can to the bucks and screams. Flags her tail like crazy is pushier then ever, and over all is just a brat.
    beth

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Did you give her a B shot? She doesn't have a temp at all does she?

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

no i didn;t give her anything, she has no temp. do you think i should give her a b shot? She is still eating hay, i just peeked out there, she is fighting for her place at the hay feeder and when i called her name she maaed at me like normal.

beth

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    A b shot couldn't hurt, but she probably was just having a "moment" and will be back to her old self in the morning. If not that is when I would get a little more concerned.

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

thats what i thought. Im going to wait until tomorrow morning to see if she is "right" if she is still not herself i will try a few things.
    thanks guys
    beth

8. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Hormones

Don't know if anyone else has ever noticed this, but I have noted that some of my does become "different people" as they progress in their pregnancy. I assume it's hormonal changes. Sometimes the sweet ones become obnoxious and sometimes the meanest ones become the biggest lovers. Hey - hormones do the same to me! :GAAH: :hair:

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: Hormones

:slapfloor: :slapfloor: That is funny. It is great we can relate to them like this.

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

maybe thats it. I hope so. I had this does mother as a kid and she was a very mellow doe. I sold her to a 4-h kid and Amber had this doe ruby. A friend of mine has amber the dam and i have ruby and rubys daughter scarlett. These does have absolutly not manners. Ruby somehow got into the habit of head butting anyone she didn;t know, in which case she was never diciplined for it. Still trying to break some of these bad habbits. Maybe she finally figured out what BBQ means.....she reared up at someone the other day and i grabbed her beard yanked her down and told her i would bbq her myslef if she didn't changer her attitude real quick.
    beth