offering PB lamancha doe

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by SDK, May 26, 2010.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    really hating my money needs, but i will only offer kabooki to a TGS member.

Kabooki is a 2 year old PB lamancha doe (no papers) I kept her for milk but now i've got 3 more lamancha does with papers and one is her full sister from a younger litter. she does milk ALOT.. pretty much milking herself to death. I had to dry her up early this year due to a foot injury, but she was milking close to two gallons a day. she's a very well behaved goat.. and her babies get to be huge fast.

if you're at all interested, Pm me.

2. ZipperDoo

ZipperDoo Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I wish! She'd be perfect for my needs but sadly I can't afford to buy another goat right now and you're a state and a half away. :\

Good luck selling her though, she sounds ideal. :)

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea she's a fantastic goat, i'm hoping that stuff pulls thru and i dont have to sell her... I really want to start my packgoat stuff again and her kids rock

4. ZipperDoo

ZipperDoo Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I bet they do, she's beautiful. Bring her this way I'll trade you a pack goat prospect for her! lol!

(Kidding, of course - she's beautiful and I'm sure you'll get good market rate for her if she does sell, but I do hope things begin to look up for you. :) )

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    lol i've got many potential packers... she made a few last year that woulda been top-notch.. but no one wanted them and i had to sell the one i had planned on keeping

6. ZipperDoo

ZipperDoo Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. :( We're still on the fence whether or not we're keeping Brick, he's super sweet and really thick, but we could really use another dairy doe. So we're putting out inquiries and seeing if anyone bites. :)

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    bumping this up again... been mulling things over and i'm really having difficulty keeping kabooki.. that would leave mewith 3-4 lamanchas and 1-2 nigerians to milk by hand next year.. and thats a little too much.

I can hang onto her till its breeding season and i can breed her to kats if anyone is interested. I THINK the kids could be registered as ADGA grades, since kabooki has no papers, but the buck does. ( i know kabooki's pedigree and can supply it).

she's got milkstand manners, leads well, doesn't struggle much with hooves/clipping, easy kidder, milks 1-2gallons a day depending on the milking frequency

8. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    I wish you were closer! But its probably best, I have bought my limit of goats this year.

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    lol you suuurrre you dont want her???

10. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Just out of curiosity...is there a reason her younger sister is registered but she isn't?

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    the breeder was unhappy with kabooki's udder, shes uber strickler and wants the udder way high, but i see no major problem, i've seen WAYYYYY worse udders out there, and i think the breeder realized, so when i bought karma she gave me the papers

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    though i wont disagree that the udder is lowset, i like them way high too, if karma freshens with an udder this low she'll leave

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well it's not low to be carrying 2 GALLONS a day ;) that's a ton of milk.

14. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    she milks herself to death.. not even kidding.. i was putting like 6 pounds of grain in her a day plus hay pellets plus hay and still looked like a darfur goatie

15. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Welp I still think that sucks. The breeder should allow the owner to have registration on her even if she has a fault. No goat is perfect!

I wants a LaMancha so bad. But...I can't :( I love my nigis but admittedly if I could milk one mancha for the same amount of milk as 3 nigis it'd be neat for times when I really need the extra milk for bottle kids, our own use, and the stuff I make with it. And manchies are my favorite full size breed. Oh but how I can NOT afford more goats!! And with everything going on around here, I have even less money ;)

I think she will make someone an awesome pet and milker though! I have seen her and that massive udder while still feeding her two huge boys!

16. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    the breeder replaced her with a different goat and registrations and allowed me to keep kabooki for the time and money i'd invested in her.

thats the exact reason i got the lamanchas.. I can milk one doe, feed her 1/3 more feed that the nigerians were each getting, and get a 1/2 gallon- gallon more per day.

she was supposed to go be a wet nurse for some boers.. but it fell through since i couldnt get her bred in time...

17. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    bump. kabooki is still available. and its almost breeding season

18. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Hope you find her a home soon. I'm a wee bit overloaded with does here ;-).

19. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I'm willing to take payments on her. I'll be breeding her soon ( late august/early september)