Oh bummer

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, May 7, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    You know how we scanned my does the other night and most were pregnant?

And you know how I got those free dairy goats, including a saanen buck?

Well, said saanen buck is quite happily mating one of my does that is supposed to be pregnant, plus three other angora babies that are way way way too small to be bred. The doe that he is mating that we scanned pregnant, is definitely in season, wiggling her tail off, loving on him, piddling away etc and standing for him. The three little angoras are dripping white goop from their vulvas ...

:( :angry:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    for the preggy girl it could be a false heat brought on by the fact that the new boy was around.

sorry about the young girls though :(

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    yeah, the little girls I will PG in 10 days but the older supposedly pregnant girl is where the trouble lies - I cant PG her because if it is a false heat that would get rid of the other babies. I will just wait and see and if I end up with crossbred kids well I will just have to deal with it :)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow ....how bizarre......I'd say the scanner is very inaccurate.... I'm sorry keren... :( :hug:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    The doe that came in season may be having a false heat. I had a doe due that a couple weeks after she was bred, but she kidded right on schedule for the first breeding with quads!

As for the young does, that's not good, however, I had a young doe accidentally get bred and didn't show any heats after that....I later found out that she had absorbed the fetus, so that may happen or they may even abort or kid early because of their small size.

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    ha, good news, I just rang my friend and told her, and she reminded me that the same doe played around with the buck a couple months after she was joined last year too! So I imagine she's doing the same now. I'd forgotten all about that.

KW farms ... I plan on aborting the young does - will give a shot of progestogen in 10 or so days that will bring them back into season (far far away from the buck!)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that sounds good....... :leap:

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio