Oh dear..... how to tell the hubby...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MissMM, Jul 19, 2010.

1. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    what I bought myself for my birthday next month. Meet Zeke - the buck that will be arriving in early September.

I'm hoping I can just sneak him into the pen when the DH isn't home & maybe he won't notice for a while :wink:

Attached Files:

• Zeke.jpg
      Zeke.jpg
      File size:
      130.6 KB
      Views:
  2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    lol i do that to people all the time :) then go that one??? its been here forever

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    cute!

yeah I do the same.. :)

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    LOL Well he is very cute! Congrats! I wish I could do that, but my husband knows all of our goats, so it wouldn't work!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe....you are so sneaky.....LOL :laugh:

He will eventually notice.....but hey....Zeke is a handsome boy... :thumb: :love:

6. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    OH he is adorable.

7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Man oh man what a doll he is!!
    I cant sneak anything in he knows our numbers I dont.
    Is he the type to forget your birthday? If so you when he gets all apologetic you can tell him it's OK honey, look what you got me. :laugh:

8. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    LOL! Wish I could pull that one off, too, but dh knows them all too well. He is absolutely adorable and I love all of those curls!

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont have a DH problem I have a DM (dear Mom) problem. I could never sneak one in for long, she would figure it out. Plus the loud screaming of the new addition usually is a tip off that there is a new goat in the pen :p

10. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Oh it's simple - tell him thank you so much for the wonderful gift - he is just what you wanted ;)

Zeke is a nice looking boy!

11. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    He is so very handsome!!

I am blessed that I don't have a DH problem... if I think he might give me a hard time I start talking about getting pigs! LOL That was the one farm animal he was adamant we never get. When I brought home Josephine (our fifth dog) for my birthday this year I first texted him I got a pig!

As soon as he realized it was another dog he was SO RELIEVED!! :angel2:

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL :laugh:

13. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He is adorable!!

14. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Awwww he is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! My hubby read this post and said... you better not think of doing that EVER.... I grinned... and just said oh honey I've already done that! :ROFL:

15. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Oh Jess your poor hubby! :laugh:

16. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    How about this?: "Guess what dear? We're gonna have a baby....... (dramatic pause)....... buck in a little over a month." :ROFL: :ROFL:

You know how even with birth control there's always that little fear that it won't work? He'll be so relieved that I'm not PG there'll be no worries.

And if there are......... some days I like my goaties better anyway :roll:

knocking on wood to repel the jinkx monkey

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL.... :ROFL: :greengrin:

18. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    Now honestly...who would NOT notice that handsom guy????
    :shades:
    What breed is he?

19. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    he's a Pygora. I can't hardly wait to see what his kids will look like. He'll complete my herdshires cause once he arrives, I'll have a total of 3 bucks. 9 does. 3 wethers. Eventually I will have to learn how to sell one.

The breeder only has a few of this year's kids left:

http://www.hmrpygoras.com/2010Pygorakid ... 11-10.html

20. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    MissMM:
    "How about this?: "Guess what dear? We're gonna have a baby....... (dramatic pause)....... buck in a little over a month."

You know how even with birth control there's always that little fear that it won't work? He'll be so relieved that I'm not PG there'll be no worries."

:ROFL: :slapfloor: I love it!

I must say people who have breeds like Saanens have a clear advantage when brining in new goats :laugh: I would think it would be much easier to sneak on in. Toggenburgs are tricky as they come in different shades (I don't think I have one that is the same shade right now). Though even if they all do look alike the goats always like to point out the new guy which helps give it away :p

What coat type do you think he is going to be? We used to have Angoras years back and somewhere around the place I still have a little mohair left from our buck that needs to be spun (he had super nice mohair even in his old age). He is a pretty color!