The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Buck (Dapple Sauce) went in the the girls this weekend. He was very happy after spending the summer with his little wether friend as his only company.
Goat Dog breed Goat-antelope Road surface Asphalt
Plant Tree Working animal Dog breed Terrestrial animal

He’s lost weight the last month after going into rut. But I have no doubt he’ll gain it all back in the spring like he always does.
I’ve been trying my hardest to watch for heat cycles and breeding, and so far I have two due dates! Feb. 28 and March 3.
Two down, two to go!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I probably looked like a weirdo this morning looking at hind ends while the girls were eating. Out of the 4 girls that Dapple Sauce has to breed this year it looks like he’s done 3. Sunshine, Dottie, and Poppy all look goopy which is a good sign I think. My little yearling doe Whisper wants nothing to do with him but so did the others until they came in heat. So I’m hoping that she’ll come in heat soon and all the kids will be born around the same week next year.

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,575 Posts
He’s doing good! Still with the ladies until about December or January. He tried to chase me yesterday and I had to spray him with water. He did not keep chasing lol.
Oh my! I can't imagine a full grown Boer buck chasing me!! My ND buck is enough for me! 😅

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,660 Posts
He’s doing good! Still with the ladies until about December or January. He tried to chase me yesterday and I had to spray him with water. He did not keep chasing lol.
I have to do that ALL the time with Gizmo LOL.....but normally I just spit on him LOL😂😂.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts