Oh help it's December!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Dec 1, 2009.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Anyone feeling sad 2009 is coming to an end?

How has your year been?

Mine was crazy busy, fun, exciting, sad, depressing, exhilerating......................

We had more rain over the past 6 month then we have had in years combined!

I went on trips, showed goats, did some schooling and now its all just memories

2. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    Wait till you are older, it is more of the same but the years fly by faster. Make the best of all you have :stars:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree Mully...that is so true....they go by way to fast.... :hug:

No... I don't think I will miss 2009..... a new year .......will mean new beginnings.....and hope ....for a better one.... 2010..... :wink: :greengrin:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Ii am sad its going, hard to believe it's even 2009 , its been a great year. but looking forward to all of the new opportunities...not to mention junior year, goat kids, 4-H and summer is only 6 more months until summer.

really loved 2009's weather, almost got too hot for a week when it reached 80, but fall gave us a break and it didnt snow until Nov, then a -20 cold snap and now its gone up 60 degrees in 5 days and its a mess outside. :doh: but it all makes summer more exciting.

and the goats are doing great, piglets are well, what more can I ask for? :thumb:

5. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

it's been a really depressing year for us . . .
    no jobs, friends moving away, grandma moving away etc.
    really lonely.
    The weather was awesome though!
    i'm ready for 2010 and like Pam said, I'm praying for a brand new year.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I am glad you guys had better weather -- I missed having summer, it was like it almost never happened! Back in June for the entire month there was only 4 days of sun and no rain! can you believe that - crazy

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    With the way the years fly by lately, they run together for me!
    Met a wonderful new friend this past summer...one of the few summer days we had....Steph is close by and as much a goat nut as I am, and she's Penny's mama's mama!! Made a few trips with her outside of my "comfort zone " too!

Working 40 + hours a week to keep bills paid and goats happy ate up the majority of 2009 for me, DH lost his job of 16 years so doing a lot of very careful budgeting so he can eventually get a new start in 2010......one good thing is that the state extended his unemployment benefits until February.

I'll be glad to see 2010 and hope that the worst is behind us.

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Out with the old and in with the NEW. I'm glad to see 09 go. :wave:

9. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

:ROFL: :thumbup:

10. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I am so glad 2009 is almost done, it has been a huge bummer of a year here. I sure hope 2010 is better. The highlight of my year was getting to travel to Colorado-and Wyoming.

11. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    The past two years have been so hard, so many losses, I am glad to come into 2010..maybe now we are out of single numbers things will change??

12. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It's been a bitter sweet year for us......new grandbaby but the new daddy is in Iraq :( . Wasn't a horrible year, but not an outstanding year either.

Like some others said....as you get older, the years run together. I will say though that I am loving my 40's, just wish I had known what I know now back in my 20's!

I have come to realize you just have to role with the punches and don't sweat the little stuff......everything happens for a reason and things always work out. Also, when you think things are bad look around and talk to others and you will soon realize your problems aren't as awful as you thought, there are others with worse problems....I'm a true believer in always looking for the positive and have a good mind set :greengrin: !

13. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    This year has not been good, but I am not looking forward to next year at all! I have a project that is long overdue that someone has partially paid for, and I haven't been able to work on it at all because I had to get a job to make ends meet. I can't give them their money back, and they project is very close to being done, but I just need ample time to finish it. If anybody would pray for me, that would be awesome. I would like to get this project done, because it would really help out with finances. It's umm a life-sized bronze I need to finish... eek!

14. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

I know! I can't believe that it's almost the end of 2009. I'll be 21 in a month and in only 4 months we should have her new goat additions. Only about 5 months until my lovely mare Mylie gets trained!

15. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    I think I'll miss 2009.
    I did alot, learnt some lessons and made some good friends.
    This year at school I had a great class, and I love all my classmates. I'm gonna miss 8L :(