oh help ;)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Jul 25, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so went to the loca fair yesterday. Finally got to talk to those in charge of the 4H group and they got me in contact with the goat people which was cool. I want to help out with 4H so I needed to know who to contact. Anyway that was great.

Every year at the fair I always see the nubians (which I am picky about and I dont like their ears on most of them - to much control) and the lamanchas. I want a lamancha SO BAD. Always have since I sold my oberhaslis.

Mom told me to stick with on breed --- and I agree, but my resistance is down right now because they are SO beautiful.

Must stay away, must stay away :hammer:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    lol well as you can see I didn't stay with one breed! I just love my LaMancha! :)

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Could you sneak a mini-mancha in?

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if someone is breeding mini manchas in my area I am buying!!! need to find this out. great idea :thumbup:

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    You could maybe buy a LaMancha then get her bred to a Nigerian for a mini-mancha? If there are no breeders in your area. We have only one around here I think and she is far, far away, up in WA. I love the mini-manchas, so pretty!! Hope you find a beautiful one and can convince the parents! :D That's always the tough part. . . . :wink:

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I don't know Stacey....I think your family would notice the little goat with no ears :greengrin:

9. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    I think mini-mancha would be adorable!!! Loved my mini-alpines. Just think if you could get them down to nigerian size but with the ears!!! Who would notice then?

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Lmao, Stacey will need to get it some ears to wear! :slapfloor:

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I want more nigerians more then I want a lamancha so unless someone gives me one I will be waiting.

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey, we might be able to make a headband type deal with "goatie" ears sort of like the bunny ears I've seen....even if you did get a mini mancha, I would say your mom would notice the "different" girl first.

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I'm sure you'll be able to find some minis come spring. We'll have minis in the spring too.

14. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I couldnt stay with just one breed....I have 3 different breeds and I want to add a few more!!! I say talk to your mom about mini-manchas.

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats ok. If I do end up helping with a 4H group or starting one of my own then I am sure I will get a chance to work with the large breeds again. Which is really what I miss.

16. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Working with 4-H kids is so much fun!!! I love it!!! I helped last year at the county and state fairs. It was such a blast but I dont think I can do it this year....due to work.