The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so went to the loca fair yesterday. Finally got to talk to those in charge of the 4H group and they got me in contact with the goat people which was cool. I want to help out with 4H so I needed to know who to contact. Anyway that was great.

Every year at the fair I always see the nubians (which I am picky about and I dont like their ears on most of them - to much control) and the lamanchas. I want a lamancha SO BAD. Always have since I sold my oberhaslis.

Mom told me to stick with on breed --- and I agree, but my resistance is down right now because they are SO beautiful.

Must stay away, must stay away :hammer:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
You could maybe buy a LaMancha then get her bred to a Nigerian for a mini-mancha? If there are no breeders in your area. We have only one around here I think and she is far, far away, up in WA. I love the mini-manchas, so pretty!! Hope you find a beautiful one and can convince the parents! :D That's always the tough part. . . . :wink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think mini-mancha would be adorable!!! Loved my mini-alpines. Just think if you could get them down to nigerian size but with the ears!!! Who would notice then?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I'm sure you'll be able to find some minis come spring. We'll have minis in the spring too.

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats ok. If I do end up helping with a 4H group or starting one of my own then I am sure I will get a chance to work with the large breeds again. Which is really what I miss.

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,033 Posts
Working with 4-H kids is so much fun!!! I love it!!! I helped last year at the county and state fairs. It was such a blast but I dont think I can do it this year....due to work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.