Oh how I love this weather...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Nov 30, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    In the mid to low 50s....dark, dreary, and rainy.
    Flurries tonight, and a high in the mid 30s tomorrow.

What's to love about it though?
    We had more rain from Nov 1st-yesterday afternoon, then we had from Jul-Oct 31st.
    It was dry DRY dry.
    The creek on our property dried up in July, and a little water returned on Thanksgiving from the rains, then when the snow melted that we recieved Thanksgiving night, it added a little more.
    Grass is even green again, even though it isn't growing <we haven't cut grass since lik early Sept>.
    The leaves dried up and fell a week or two earlier this year than in the past.

Days like this make me sleepy, and keep the goats standing in the stall doorway looking depressed... But we sooooo needed the rain.

So what kinda weather is everyone else having?

BTW, I am in Central KY.

2. Farmgirl675

Farmgirl675 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    It's cold and wet here! Temp 36 and been raining since last night, supposed to freeze up tonight and turn to snow!

We did need the rain but since our ground is mostly clay it just gets sticky and slimy then the animals muck it up and it will freeze with all the lumps and holes which makes walking dangerous :(

Good day for house cleaning or a nap........I'm leaning towards NAP!

I'm in NE Michigan

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    -2 here with 60mph windchill.
    It's been a very eventful winter so far. wind - ice storm - wind..

We only have 6" of snow, the wind is blowing it all away! In some spots you can see grass.
    but the goats are all snuggily :)

4. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Cool and rainy here in North Alabama.

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Colder than snot last week with winds and ice, this week started out in the 50's, rained all last night (which we needed), started out in the 50's this am with sun, I opened the barn all up...but cold front came through and is very cold, misty and windy now, so had to close the barn back up to keep the goats dry and warm! Will be very cold the rest of the week with snow off and on........wish Mother Nature would make up her mind!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I have one word............."Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" :doh: :help:

7. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Wet, grey and very muddy here. Wish i could take a nap but we are at the shop right now. Come on 5 pm! Temp is starting to drop. I think we will be in the 30's tonight and 20's Wed. We are in Anniston Alabama. Wind is still gusting through but I think the worst is over......

Gina

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Very cold here. We've been having snow for the past couple of weeks and currently have a few inches now. It's supposed to snow tonight as well. Daytime highs have been in the high twenties, and at night it has gotten down to single digits...last week it was in the negatives. It's also been foggy and dark out. We're in Central WA State.

9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Wow sounds like everyone is getting the nasty weather.

It is soooo cooold out! It's 28F but with the wind chill it feels like 22....BRRRRRRRrrrrrr!
    We had snow flurries most of the morning, it was pretty, but most of it has melted now. I think it'll warm up to about 35 today <It's 11am>.
    It rained all day yesterday, it's dreary out, but not as dark. Still makes me want to stay inside under a blanket, heh....

Today is my oldest daughter's 12th birthday though, so I need to go out and get her a gift and I need the stuff to make her a cake...haven't even figured out what to make for dinner..yikes!
    So...the staying in thing isn't going to happen, not today anyway!

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Same type of weather here..rained all day yesterday, starting at 2 am, basement was wet, goats are learning the backstroke and now it is just cold and wet. Snow earlier in the morning and theres a frosting of it everywhere. Girls are in the barn...except Angel, she's teasing the boys at the fence.
    I am making lasagna noodles stuffed with goats milk ricotta, feta, spinach and garlic covered in meat sauce for dinner....simple and quick!
    Hope your daughter has a great birthday!

11. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    It was mostly sunny today with a high of................37. It is a little windy, not much but enough to freeze your face, hehe...

Weatherbug alerted me to the fact we have our first winter weather advisory that is effective tonight and into tomorrow/tomorrow night, and they are saying 1-3 inches of snow. Just still seems kinda early for us to be getting all this snow. But the lack of precipitation we had over the summer and early fall...well seems we're definitely making up for it.

12. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    It's supposed to get down to 6 tonight....YUCK! It was 8 early this morning! We haven't been able to get out of the low 20s since Sunday. But tomorrow we start to thaw out....thank goodness, except for the fact I like the snow and don't want it to melt away! but the mid 30s and low 40s this weekend is quite welcome to join us! However, I hear it's supposed to rain on saturday :( We're supposed to finish our girls shelter/run in done on Saturday.....figures right? Why my husband always waits until the last minute......

13. Special ed

Special ed New Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Guess i need to learn to spell, thought this was a post about "Wether you love" and not "Weather you love" LOL.

Well it was nice 48 degrees but rainy this morning here in Eugene, Oregon. I don't mind the weather at all regardless of which way it goes but i hate how dark it gets like mid day when its cloudy.

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe.... don't worry about .... we all have done it.... it's the goat spot...and whether/weather.... fits in ...to the goat world.........no matter... how it is spelled...LOL :wink: :laugh:

15. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I agree Pam :) Sometimes when I am in a hurry I will spell 'whether' as 'weather' LOL Then I realise what I did and go back to change it, hehe...

It's really pretty out today, sunny with some clouds, and almost 30 degrees. This is the warmest we've been in almost a week.
    I just spent more time outside trying to finish fixing some places that our buck can try to get out of his pen <and the saga on the naughty buck continues....>. I visited with my girls, giving them lots of love :) My youngest doe is such a lovebug....she loves to be cuddled and babied :)
    I actually took my camera out and got a few pics, but might get more before the day is over.
    So all in all no complaints today about the weather. It'll be even warmer tomorrow, so I can't wait :)

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe ..........so true........ I do that as well.... :laugh:

Nice to have a nice day..... to get out of the house and get some things done....and enjoy the day..... :hi5: :thumb:

17. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Today was really pretty here, it was 45 out, and most of the snow has melted away. The low is 30, so it won't be bitterly cold in the morning.
    But then tomorrow midday/afternoon the rain starts....then the snow, and then light snow on Sun into Mon. And of course the return of cold temps........... can you tell I am drawing this out...heh.

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Today here.... was 62 degree's and sunny.... a beautiful day indeed.... :sun: ...we have 2 more days like that ...then ...the temperature will drop.... and we get rain....so ........we are going to enjoy it .......while we have it.... :wink:

19. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Pam you can send some of that nice weather our way! I don't mind! Our high today is 25, it's 22 right now. We have about a half inch of snow on the ground, and it's still snowing. They are saying 2 inches tonight, so the kids may end up seeing their first snow day tomorrow. The high tomorrow is 19...and last I heard wind chill will be in the single digits to negative & windy.....yuck. Won't even be a good day to go play in the snow if it gets windy :(

20. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

It rained all day yesterday until about 5 am this morning then turned to snow we are supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow today. so its an icy, snowy, cold day here in Indiana.