Oh, jeez.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well, somebody needs to stop me. I just bought two boer cross does. My boss was going to sell them at an auction because she uses them for herding with her dogs and they were getting too feisty with them and I'd fallen in love with the only two does she had and so I asked how much she'd want for them and she said $75! They're decent does one looks to be crossed with a nubian and I have no clue on the other. The one that looks part nubian is a paint but she's got exceptionally long ears with speckles, the other is marked traditionally but instead of being the red/brown color she's a cinnamon color. These are DEFINITELY the last two I'll be getting (well, excluding the registered nubian doeling that I'm still going to get in the spring.) I'll have to extend my pen to accomodate them and I'll probably have to make another shelter after the quarantine period. The person I board my animals said it was fine as long as I did the pen extension myself and as long as these (and the registered nubian.) are THE last one's. I'll get you guy's some piccies as soon as possible. I think you'll like them. :wink: We are actually looking for our own land right now to put all my animals on so hopefully we'll find some and then I can get a bigger herd! :roll: Well, I hope to anyways. We found two acres for like $2-3000 so hopefully we can look at that. Wish me luck!
  2. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Wow, that really is a steal. They aound like great does, can't wait to see pics! I am so envious of you, getting your own land for your animals. That's my dream :)

3. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    OOOhhh new goats! Need pictures! :leap:

Congrats :D

Hope you can stop getting them now, but it may be too late... you've got the goat bug :wink:
  4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Sounds great to me too- the cinnamon coloring happens in fullbloods too- sooooo........
    I hope your land deal come through too- that is an unbelievable price.
  5. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Can't wait to see pictures!
  6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! I can't wait to get them home! :) The reason the land is so cheap is because it has an old oil rig on it, but that would be fenced completely around and basically goat proof (if that's possible.). So fullblood boers can be like roaned out instead of just solid? I highly doubt that I'll be able to stop getting them! :roll: It will be a couple of weeks before I can get them, she wants to wait 'til she finds some more wethers to replace them. Anyone know of anyone with some cheap nubian or nubian cross wethers that are kinda wild? (like not well socialized.) She really likes the nubians and wants some pretty bad.
  7. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Congrats on the new goats. Cant wait to see pictures :D
  8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! I might try and get a couple of pics tomorrow after work. I've had my eye on them since I started working there.
  9. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Congrats Crissa!!

I hope you get a nice Nubian doeling next year! :D
  10. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    Congrats on your new does! They sound pretty!
  11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! :leap:
  12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Congrats!! Can't wait to see pics!
  13. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    congrats it sounds like you are getting a great deal.
  14. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks again! I've got another problem, on Nubian Talk there's a nubian buck kid who supposedly has great lines and he's only fifty dollars. Here's the link. I'd have to find a way to get him here and where I would keep him if I did decide to get him, but first I think I want to see him set up.

edit: The buckling is in Texas.
  15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    you need to stop finding deals young lady! LOL :ROFL:
  16. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'd say! But great deals keep popping up all of a sudden! :roll: And it's not my fault I'm addicted! (okay so maybe it is!) :wink:
  17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well, the buckling found a home this morning, so that temptation is gone! Whew!
  18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I posted pics in Photogenic!
  19. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    Makes me REALLY glad I only have a small pen for my three...well soon to be two, once Mira is placed in her new home...Lol!!! But then, I may just have to look for another kid this spring...maybe I will get my Lamancha yet...hahahahaha! I just hope Mystic gets bred...I really want to have kids out of her atleast once...Lol! I want a doe kid out of her...tehehehe; and if she gives me one this\next year I will be content to retire her to a life of leisure.