Oh, my poor baby!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Di, May 21, 2008.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, we just came home from the vet. He anesthetised her to take the broken horn off. Apparently, the damage to the horn bud was permanent so she won't have a right horn, she will be a uni-horn! She came through the procedure fine and was standing in the crate but when I got her home she fell asleep on Hubby's lap. So here she is.

[​IMG]

I don't know how long I should keep her inside. He said to keep her away from the others for awhile so they don't pick on her. But, do you think I should put her in a stall with her mother and sister right away?

2. jBlaze

jBlaze New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Oh, poor baby! I would try her with mom and maybe sibling an dsee. They may try to play and hurt though. Not sure about your weather, but I would be afraid of flies.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, he did not wrap it? I am really surprised. Looks like she needs some love, (RRRIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTT)

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I guess it looks worse then it is. He has some sort of permeable liquid bandage on it, luckily (?) it's still to cold for many flies. I'm supposed to get something called "Swat" from TSC, antibiotic with repellant, I'll go get that now. He said it would heal better open, not so sure about that. I wish my regular Vet was here.

Well, I took her out to her mother and sis. Boy was she happy, perked right up, nursed right away, so I think she will be fine. It's going to rain again, so she'll probably spend the rest of the evening inside anyway.

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Aww, poor little baby! My vet also had me leave mine "unwrapped" as he thought it would heal better open as well.

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Big owie- poor baby. I hope it heals right up.

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Poor Thing. :hug: Looks like the cat was checking her out.

Be careful with the swat. I would only put a small amount on. It will sting. I have put it on my horses a lot but I never put it right on open wounds, just around them.

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh thanks for the tip! She's getting along really well, eating and drinking and playing with her sister. Thanks everyone, I really needed the moral support with this one. :grouphug: