The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at the ingrediants in this goat food. Some unkown vegetation products ect and Animal fat! Im disgusted. Is this normally in goat feed? Im going to check our brand now.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just checked ours and we are good ( its a good brand of grain, showmaker ap goat 16% ) my opinion is i would never feed mine animal fat..... Ill pay more for the good stuff.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Gross! What animal does the fat even come from? I was online on TSC and was thinking about getting that kind the other day but i looked at it and saw that and i was like 'uh nope.'

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
It's the same with dog food -- really watch what you're feeding your animals. Herbavores do not need animal products, for sure! And dogs don't need a lot of the junk they put in the cheaper stuff either.

Some probios also has animal products in it ... that's one reason I switched to using fresh garlic cloves and ACV in place of probios.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I mix my own. I Googled it first then went to the library read a few books; asked my vet etc. You can buy the good stuff & it definately works out cheaper plus i vary their mix. I.also mix different type when introducing my babies first time to grains :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oh my thats what i feed my market goats and i checked the ingredients and it didn't have any of that. Im going to have to reread the ingredients. Maybe its a new batch or something. Now im freaking out!!

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
That's why I don't like pelleted feeds. The first ingredient is almost always Grain by-products. Not real grains. That's pretty nasty that they have animal fat in it... I would think that would be illegal... I know they can't put bone and meat meal in the feed, but I always thought it included ALL animal products.

Just as an FYI I was told by the manager at a TSC store that DuMor is made by Purina... so keep an eye on Purina products too.

·
1,524 Posts
I would stay far away from animal fats. Thats how you end up with diseases in your animals. Dumor is a cheap sucky feed anyway. Vegetable fats are fine for goats. Goats do best on a 4-5% plant based fat diet.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just browsing and fell upon this on TSC online and it completely shocked me lol, i dont feed it and will never. I will pay more for a better quality feed mix and right now mixing BOSS and the showmaker ap 16% is working well and definatly noooo animal fat.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Wow, freaky since they don't even say the exact ingredients! Ew.

And TDG- you're awful :ROFL: now that that image is burned into my skull!
I can guarantee I have never subjected my goats to cosmetic surgery :slapfloor:

·
New To Social Networking Not So Much To Goats
278 Posts
I dont know where you are but i just looked at the label on mine. It even says its animal free.
Well what bothers me is that it says "ruminant animal meat free". Not just animal free. Which could mean they use meats from animals that aren't cows, or goats, etc. Right? Which could be where the animal fat comes from. So maybe it's chicken fat? Or pig fat. Or if it's made in Mexico or Canada it could even be horse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts