The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out if my 1 1/2 Year old Nigerian Dwarf doe is pregnant.
Unfortunately, my very modest little lady very decidedly object to having pics of her rear posted for the world to see.
I'll try again soon though.

P.S. There has GOT to be an easier way!:)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Do you have a milking stand you could lock her in? Someone to hold her?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I could get someone to hold her, but when I grabbed her collar earlier, she started to think she was a bronco!:(
About blood testing, about how much would that cost, and are there any other (inexspensive) options?

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
When was she bred? Did she come back into heat roughly 21 days later? If not, she is most likely bred.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I bought her, her breeder said she was 4 1/2 mo. pregnant. That was almost 4 weeks ago.
How do I tell if she is coming into heat or not? I am new to goats (as you can probably tell)--Sorry if I sound stupid!:eek:

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
More talkative than usual, vaginal discharge, mounting other goats, letting other goats mount her, tail wagging. Is her girly part swollen at all? Is she getting an udder?

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
When I bought her, her breeder said she was 4 1/2 mo. pregnant. That was almost 4 weeks ago.
How do I tell if she is coming into heat or not? I am new to goats (as you can probably tell)--Sorry if I sound stupid!:eek:
You don't sound stupid. Everyone has to start at the beginning and, when it comes to kidding, this is the beginning. Is her udder getting bigger? At 4 1/2 months bred her udder should definitely developing and filling up. Her belly should also be noticeably bigger than it was 4 weeks ago. Her vulva will probably be more relaxed, probably a little jiggly if she is bred. Have you noticed any of those things? Can you post a picture of a side and rear view of her? If you can get it when her tail is up that would be great, but a view of her udder would be helpful, too. :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
It is also possible that the breeder you got her from has the breeding dates wrong. Wouldn't that make her 5.5 months pregnant?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She doesn't really seem to be showing any signs of heat. Her udder has not started to show at all. I have noticed that her belly is a little bit large...though not that big. Before we got her, her breeder said that she had a single on her last birth, could that be why she isn't really big?
I suppose her breeder could have got the date wrong, but when we tried to contact her, she didn't answer at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts