OH NO!!!!! Nutrena & Ready now Onyx >:|

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by agilitymaster01, Mar 31, 2015.

1. agilitymaster01

agilitymaster01 Rose Creek Acres

Sep 25, 2013
    La Crescent, MN
    :evil:

I called the local guy I have order all of my Ready Now Onyx mineral, and he said he can no longer get it in unless we order a ton. A FLIPPING TON!!!!! That is The company's new policy. Not the guy I order with, no no. It is Nutrena's policy now. I am so mad it isn't funny!!! Does anyone else have any mineral suggestions that I can get in Southeastern MN? We go through 100lbs of loose mineral every year or close to a year. I like the high copper levels in Onyx, that is why I kept with them. Thanks, Holly

2. Little-Bits-N-Pieces

Little-Bits-N-Pieces Active Member

Apr 7, 2013
    CA
    Do you have SweetLix in your area? Try this one ~ http://www.sweetlix.com/products/C11A22/beef-cattle.aspx?load=53
    Or Vitaferm Concept Aid 5/S http://biozymebackoffice.com/public/pdfs/pds/4-vitaferm-concept-aid-5-s
    Your feed store can order it if they carry Associated Feeds.

Or if you have Farmers Best Feed out there, you can try this one http://farmerswarehouse.com/PDFs/Products/Minerals-Concentrates/1121T.pdf

Or the best one for copper yet, if you have Payback feed around you, there's a fed distributors in MN, Go with the Stockman 12-6 mineral
    http://www.paybacknutrition.com/minerals.html

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015

3. Hughie

Hughie New Member

Mar 4, 2015
    South East Wisconsin
    Could you ask your supplier if a larger farmer uses the same mineral and then see if they will sell you 100 lbs? Only difference to the farmer would be his next ton would be bought a little earlier.

4. agilitymaster01

Sep 25, 2013
    La Crescent, MN
    We are the only ones that order it in this area. Around us, people don't spend that much on their livestock. Their attitude is that they are just animals that will get slaughtered anyway. IT SUCKS!

5. agilitymaster01

Sep 25, 2013
    La Crescent, MN
    I will definitely be doing some looking at those sites. Thanks Little bits n pieces!

6. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I feel your pain. I was getting wind and rain minerals from tractor supply, it was 3500ppm copper and my goats were actually eating it!! Then it wasn't.in the store. I asked if I could order it but they said only by the ton....at $35 a bag I think not!! It might just be where I'm at but you can check your tsc and look into that mineral and see if it looks good, ill be honest I didn't much pay attention to much other then the copper part

7. agilitymaster01

Sep 25, 2013
    La Crescent, MN
    What I do not understand is why the goat minerals have such little copper content (most the time under 1,500) . I mean seriously! Most goat people I know are looking for high copper levels, so why do companies not look into this!?!

Am I the only one who finds this awkward?

8. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    We are very limited around here to the type of minerals I can get. No Right Now. MOst places can't or won't special order. I can get the Sweetlix meat goat minerals but my dealer can't order any of the cattle minerals because Sweetlix doesn't sell them up here!

9. burtfarms

burtfarms Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Dolores colorado
    I feel your pain too! our local co-op or IFA won't carry onyx anymore, because they have their own brands( not even comparable because they mainly have sheep and cattle around here, and I can't use the cattle mineral because it has uria in it. so thankfully I pulled some strings through 4-H goat program and pled a case and thankfully they are now carrying sweetlix meat maker 16:8 I can tell the difference.not as much copper in it. I am going to have to look into copper bolusing another added expense. you would think they would be more educated! I am begining not to like Nutrena, they have started that policy with alot of their products. they claim alot of their feed is going bad before it gets sold , well they are sticking it too the Farmer/Rancher/animal lover that if you don't have alot of animals and don't feed it quickly you have chances of it getting moldy if you buy a ton!*Rant* because of this a lot of people are switching to purina products, crystal lix or sweetlix. hope everything works out for you!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  10. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    I wish I lived closer to you! I go through a hundred or more pounds of minerals a week! (55 goats). A ton wouldn't be too bad, then I could give you a few bags!

11. agilitymaster01

Sep 25, 2013
    La Crescent, MN
    We have approx 55 goats as well, and we don't go through that much mineral. Holy cow! We go through 3 bags in approx 10 months.

12. Little-Bits-N-Pieces

Little-Bits-N-Pieces Active Member

Apr 7, 2013
    CA
    Wow! I had a pen of I think 16 goats at the time, I went through 50lbs of the Vitaferm minerals in less than 2 months.

13. agilitymaster01

Sep 25, 2013
    La Crescent, MN
    Ours go in spurts. They will hit it hard, then they will leave it alone for a long time, then decide to hit it hard again. It is weird.