The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kitty, Blue, has walked up injured. Very very badly. He is either very very sick or got hit by a car. He is young, beautiful and is so sweet. I hope he makes it through the night. He suffered all the way home! :pray::(

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I feel so horrible when things like this happen. Nothing we can do I don't think. I hope he hangs on by a claw or two, just until morning.

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
im sorry...prayers sent for a full recovery!!!

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He isn't doing well at all. :( This is going to be a bad day, I think. He can't eat, can't walk, can't drink, his eyes are not right, he isn't thinking, fluid coming out of his nose and mouth. I think his life will be ending today. Vet is coming at noon.

Guys I love him so much!!! :( :(

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
Im so sorry...sounds like internal ....if the fluid is spinal??...:confused: Im so sorry...

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much! :) I guess it might be spinal fluid, at this point there is just not much we can do I don't think. Either that or there will be a 6 thousand dollar vet bill.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has been an upsetting few days. My neighbor's mom died (whom I had been visiting and trying my best to help my neighbors), my only buck (rabbit) died, now this. When it rains it pours. I have noticed that saying is used very often when it comes to farm life.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that even if the vet is positive he'll be okay in 2 months, I would much rather have him put down. I love him half to death and I won't let him suffer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
^^ yes, it is. Farming is a gamble. You have good years, you have bad years. I have had a very hard year. I hope your kitty gets better.it doesn't sound good. Fluid coming out his nose is a very bad thing. Is it clear? I'm sorry he's hurting!

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank you both! :) It certainly is, Honeysuckle. This year has been a very bad year. Lots of death. I think we have lost maybe 20 animals this year. It just isn't going well. BUT, I will not ever quit. One dies and it makes me cherish the others more, I could never take that away from myself. I know it sounds very selfish, but really it would ruin my well being. When people say, "Oh I just don't know if I can do this anymore!" or something, I laugh. Because I could NEVER do that! It isn't very hard for me actually, it takes a lot to get me to cry over death, even. It's just part of it. Farming isn't jumping in wheat fields and playing on hay bales (where you are bound to get a splinter or two anyway...), it's life. You educate yourself about LIFE. How it ends, how it starts, and everything in between. And honestly, I love it.

It is clear. This is gonna be bad.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If the vet says he has a chance, I wouldn't put him down. If he has a chance you don't want to take that away from him. An animals instinct is to simply to survive. It would not be doing him a service by putting him down when he is fighting so hard to survive.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know, that is very true. BUT, he is nearly dead already. He can't eat. I suppose he would rather be in heaven then feeling like absolute crud for maybe even the rest of his life. I guess I'll see about things when I truly know how bad of shape he is in. It's easier for me to make the putting down decision than the decision to let him feel terrible forever. But like I just said, we'll see.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, I would wait to see what the vet says. No sense in worrying about your horse breaking his leg before you have a horse. When the vet comes and talks to you you can make the decision then.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We lost him. He's gone. I have been balling for 30 minutes. IT IS COMPLETELY MY FAULT. I am so mad at myself! Why the heck did I do this to him.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a headache I have cried so much. He is lying in a towel on our counter. I can't take it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts