Oh. No.

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by keren, Feb 21, 2010.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    So its coming up to breeding season here. I put the boer does out for a green pick yesterday.

And I looked at Linus.

And she has an UDDER.

Big deal you might think, all does have udders. BUT - she has an udder that looks like she will kid in 6 to 8 weeks time.

AND - the biggest part of the problem is ...

I HAVENT HAD A BOER BUCK ON THE PROPERTY FOR THE LAST 8 MONTHS

:doh: :tears:

Which means ... I have managed to breed a $1500 show Boer doe, to either an angora buck, or an unregistered nubian buck ...

:(

So I now have oops (saanen x boer x angora) and uh-oh (boer x nubian/angora) kids on the way. should make for some very interesting little ones

How embarrassing ... bad enough having one oops breeding let alone two ... :oops:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh that stinks! :( I'm so sorry.

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a rotten thing for Linus to do to you! Sorry.

Would love to see pics of the kids...interesting combo.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh wow...what a bummer... :shocked: ..I am sorry it was your show boer... :( :hug:

6. That does stick but I have herd of them breeding through fence and so on. I guess if she wants it and he is willing they will get the job done. Not always your fault. I also know a gal that bred this doe to three diff. bucks and she would not take. She got a grade buck on her property a few days while a friend was driving though and she, the doe, broke out and went right over and took all he had to give. LOL

Well, who knows they might turn out real nice after all?

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I know we look at them as OOPS, but they were meant to be here for a reason. I bet they will be just the cutrest things ever.

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    [​IMG]

The udder. What do you think?

I'm just crossing my fingers it was the nubian, not the angora ...

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    LOL...Really nice udder for a breed not bred for their milk. Not common to see a Boer doe with a nice teat structure, hope it was the nubian that got her too...though I do think a curly coated goatie with the classic Boer markings would be something adorable.

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    thanks liz, she does have a fantastic udder. this will be her second freshening. I actually milked her for a while after she lost the first kid (two legged fox). she does have four teats which I know you dairy guys dont like but I dont mind as they are clean and separate. she has lovely attachments. I personally think meat and fibre does should have quality udders just as much as milk does

11. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    bad luck... hope things work out the best they can ....
    i had a nubian x angora weather once...made good lunch :p