Oh Please!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by kelebek, Nov 13, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    :pray: Please tell me today that Trisha the F-A-T Nubian girl took so that she doesn't go to freezer camp or to a new home.

She typically comes into heat exactly on day 21. Today is day 21 and we bred her a 3rd time 3 weeks ago. As of this morning - NO sign of heat. PLEASE let this girl take. P-L-E-A-S-E (Yes, I am whining!)

I have the vet coming up on the 3rd for surgical casteration - so I may ultrasound her if I don't see a sign of heat.

Just please keep your fingers crossed that she FINALLY settled.

2. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Will do! I hope she settles for you....who is she bred to?

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Honestly - I have no idea. Joe tried many times - but I think he is to short. the Boer is a little "brain dead" so not sure. I ended up putting her in with all the boys (1 nigerian, 1 boer, 1 nubian) and didn't really care who bred her. LOL!

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    :ROFL: :ROFL: Poor thing! I hope he doesn't know you said that!

5. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    LOL! Well....if she does indeed settle....guess you will be having surprise kids!! Maybe you'd get on of each...now that would be funny! :ROFL:

What's the pedigree on your Nub buck? I don't think I've seen it...

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Gosh, I knew someone was going to ask and for the life of me - I can't remember off hand - something waithe. Mom appraised out at 91E this past June for her final appraisal.

I am purchasing his papers in January (maybe December if I can swing it) and then I will order his pedigree. He is a November 2007 baby - but still is very unsure of his "job"!. He is more of the "girl" in the buck pen - LOL!

His ugly picture is on my website. He is still unnamed. I just call him Buck at the moment.

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I am very much hoping she takes to one of those guys! :) I find it odd that your Nubian buck is still not sure about breeding. . . . maybe I'm just used to the mini's who think they are ready at two months!! ;) :shades:

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    If she does take she'll be sure to have some pretty babies!

9. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Probably Goldthwaite. What's the herd name you got him from?

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is not the herd that I got him from, but his grandparents are from there. The lady that I bought him from bought some and brought them in.

His twin is in the same boat - not interested yet in breeding. But both live with very overpowering bucks. These lines are very slow to mature - but when they do they are just awesome!

11. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I know you didn't get him from Goldthwaite Nubians....who is his breeder? What's their herd name? :)

Some bucks just take a while to mature. Somebody I know didn't get many kids from one of her bucks his first year...he was more interested in the other boys! lol The following year he did just fine, though.

12. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I hope she settled for you. I am in the same boat as you this season. I have a doe that was bred four seperate heat cycles, and I still don't think she took. I used my first choice buck, my second choice buck, and then I gave up and used anyone willing to seal the deal. :shades:
    I didn't see her return into heat the last time so I left her be and now her due date is coming up and I don't see no udder development at all. :roll: So I don't think Dixie did settle. :?

Very frustrating, as I really want a doe kid from her... at this point I will except it from any sire.

So best of luck with your girl and I sure do hope she is preggers! :dance:

13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

You said she was fat? how overweeight is she? being overweight can cause a doe to have a hard time setteling.
    beth

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I pray she takes for you..... :pray:

I agree with sparks879...they don't take well though...if they are to over weight...

I think joe dirt's hair is in his eyes....not to short LOL.... just can't see to aim..LOL :)

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    To be honest, I do not know off hand the name of the ranch that I bought him from as I had no intention of purchasing papers. But now that I saw all their stock and his potential, she offered them to me

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I got home tonight and really expected Trisha to be in heat - N-O-P-E!! I think she actually took!! Now lets hope she doesn't resorb. I will start blood testing for pregnancy here in a couple weeks!!!! Woo Hoo!!! I am so excited. We will wait a couple more days just to make sure - but she has been 21 days like clock work before!

17. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thats great! Now the main question is.. who did the deed. Now you need to wait 5 months to find out.. joy..

18. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I do hope she settles for you.

I was wondering though. If she is in with three bucks, is it possible that more than one of them could breed her? And if they did is it possible she could have kids from two different bucks at the same time? That might be kind of cool.

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You know - I am not sure to be honest Rebelshope. I know that dogs and cats, that can happen - so I guess it could be possible if they are "taking turns" so to speak.

This girl has awesome teats and come from registered milking stock. But because her ears and neck were to short, she doesn't have papers. But she is going to be so easy to milk if she does kid out!! Woo Hoo! I have my Alpine who is supposed to kid in February and I am very excited. She was giving almost a gallon from 1 side of her udder last year - so I am hoping to keep both sides in milk this time! So with her and the Nubian I will be doing good!

20. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh yah it is possible to have kids from two different bucks in one pregnancy.

Allison seems like she can stay! wonderful :)