The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

· Registered
Goats, chickens, ducks, and a horse
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just updating with Acorns progress in her pregnancy. I’m almost 90% sure she’s 3-3 1/2 months along. I’m more certain it’s 3 months. She hasn’t built an udder still. But she’s really starting to show that baby bump. Time is going by so dang slow. 😂 you mean I’m supposed to wait another 2 months for kids? What the heck? Anyways I’m preparing for anything to come. Getting a delivery kit ready as I go along. I may get another ptest to see how far along she is again so I’m more prepared to know when she’ll deliver I’m almost positive it’s sometime in February. She’s getting grain and alfalfa daily plus unlimited hay and minerals. Also been giving some probiotics that have some vitamins in it on top of food. She’s a happy healthy goat, I almost thought she was going to freeze during this cold streak we got during Christmas but she didn’t she pulled through I seen her shivering and she didn’t wanna come out of the stall so I fed her inside and kept her as warm as I could plus the other goats snuggled with her. Glad that’s over. It was close to 60 today hoping it doesn’t get to cold again. I’m hoping she has twins. This is her first time so idk if she is hiding multiples in there or what. But it will be interesting to see how many she’s got. Can’t wait!!
Working animal Tree Fawn Terrestrial animal Landscape

Goat Beak Fawn Goat-antelope Wood

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! 🙏🏻 I guess my ears are playing tricks on me I came out to pasture today and swore I heard a tiny goat voice along with my girl acorn making a noise I come running out confused, and there was absolutely nothing going on 😂 idk if a chicken made that noise or what but I was definitely confused cuz it’s not time yet. Think I panicked there for a min but I’m good now 😂

· Registered
"Did you know cats can fly?"- asked the little girl. Mom- "No?" Girl-**Throws off cliff**
6,542 Posts
This is the waiting room at least that’s the group I’ve picked when I posted.
Yes, I know. I was meaning in case you didnt want this to be her actual"waiting thread", and be just an update thread, for a 1 time use. But, obviously you could make this the actual waiting thread, if ypu wanted.

15,518 Posts
She's very pretty and those baby bellies are fun to watch as they grow! I'm sure your excited brain was thinking about babies when you heard the noise :)
Our girls are due in 5-6 weeks and my husband helped trim the pregnant girls feet yesterday as I did most of the others and while he was trimming I was feeling bellies lol Doesn't matter how long you've been doing this, feeling babies kicking and moving is an awesome feeling! Definitely makes me more impatient now for babies than before I felt them moving, haha!

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I know. I was meaning in case you didnt want this to be her actual"waiting thread", and be just an update thread, for a 1 time use. But, obviously you could make this the actual waiting thread, if ypu wanted.
Yeah that’s what I was going for.. I’ve made others in the past I’m still getting used to this site and how it works too.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She's very pretty and those baby bellies are fun to watch as they grow! I'm sure your excited brain was thinking about babies when you heard the noise :)
Our girls are due in 5-6 weeks and my husband helped trim the pregnant girls feet yesterday as I did most of the others and while he was trimming I was feeling bellies lol Doesn't matter how long you've been doing this, feeling babies kicking and moving is an awesome feeling! Definitely makes me more impatient now for babies than before I felt them moving, haha!
So far I haven’t felt any babies yet. She’s pretty skittish when I touch her belly but I was able to really good the other day and I couldn’t feel anything. My other doe ginger before she delivered a stillborn I was able to feel that baby move, unfortunately I couldn’t make it to the vet in time for the C-section. So the baby passed. 😥 I’m dealing with abscesses on her C-section spot atm but I think it’s healing pretty good, the last 3 days I’ve flushed with sterile water and iodine in the abscess hole and got most the puss out then packed with triple antibiotics, also have been given her penicillin for any remnants of bacteria. Also been giving her probiotics for her gut after antibiotics. Other than that her temp is fine and is acting normal. Thank god. I’d be upset if I paid 1500$ for a C-section just for her to die of infection. I had 3 options try getting the kid out the natural way which could have killed her(was less expensive than C-section), a C-section(most expensive), or put her down(least expensive). Obviously I went with the most logical option C-section so I could save her. Although I can’t breed her again she’s still a precious pet of mine. Like all my baby’s are. I’ve got 9 total. This is ginger I had put a sweater I made from a dog sweater I just sewed and cut it to fit with elastic band around neck part so she wouldn’t get too cold from having less hair on her stomach. Lol that worked for about a day before she figured out how to rip it off. She obviously didn’t need it as much as I thought she did 😂 I try spoiling all my goats but they rather the bare minimum as long as I feed them and give them treats.
Dog breed Fawn Grass Working animal Wood

· Registered
1,309 Posts
So far I haven’t felt any babies yet. She’s pretty skittish when I touch her belly but I was able to really good the other day and I couldn’t feel anything. My other doe ginger before she delivered a stillborn I was able to feel that baby move, unfortunately I couldn’t make it to the vet in time for the C-section. So the baby passed. 😥 I’m dealing with abscesses on her C-section spot atm but I think it’s healing pretty good, the last 3 days I’ve flushed with sterile water and iodine in the abscess hole and got most the puss out then packed with triple antibiotics, also have been given her penicillin for any remnants of bacteria. Also been giving her probiotics for her gut after antibiotics. Other than that her temp is fine and is acting normal. Thank god. I’d be upset if I paid 1500$ for a C-section just for her to die of infection. I had 3 options try getting the kid out the natural way which could have killed her(was less expensive than C-section), a C-section(most expensive), or put her down(least expensive). Obviously I went with the most logical option C-section so I could save her. Although I can’t breed her again she’s still a precious pet of mine. Like all my baby’s are. I’ve got 9 total. This is ginger I had put a sweater I made from a dog sweater I just sewed and cut it to fit with elastic band around neck part so she wouldn’t get too cold from having less hair on her stomach. Lol that worked for about a day before she figured out how to rip it off. She obviously didn’t need it as much as I thought she did 😂 I try spoiling all my goats but they rather the bare minimum as long as I feed them and give them treats. View attachment 243726
I love the sweater 😂🤣😂

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do the penicillin for a full 14 days. I hope she fully recovers for you.
Thanks will do most puss gone I picked a few globs out today with clean tweezers flushed with iodine and packed with triple antibiotic ointment tomorrow I’m going to let the healing process begin I’m pretty sure the puss will all be gone cuz I barely got any out today. I’ll keep it clean of course and keep giving the penicillin I believe we are on day 4 or 5 today. But it’s looking much better. Her temp was 104 today but she’s acting normal but I’m gonna keep an eye on her temp just in case it goes any higher. It’s a pretty warm day today I’m unsure if that affects their temp or not lol. But for the most part I think she’s going to heal nicely. Thanks for the advice I wasn’t sure how long to give penicillin.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts