Ohboy . . . .

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Sonrise Farm, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Some people came to look at my horse today.
    She did pretty good considering.
    Until they brought out the measuring stick.
    Her eyes bugged out and she immediately started backing up. She's like they are NOT touching me with that thing.
    And the two cowboys sort of make a holding pen out of their bodies and that's when she really started freaking out and so I got off her, made the guys back up and started measuring her but then that other cowboy dude grabbed her reins and we were dancing again!
    And then it turns out I was off by like THREE INCHES. And after I appologize for my mistake, the younger cowboy dude goes, "It's okay, most people are off by a hand or so." Hands are term for measuring a horse's heigh. There are four inches in a hand. It's comforting to know I had avoided being most people BY AN INCH.
    And then she was good and picked up her feet and dropped her head on voice command and was quite and responsive when I rode her around for them and the young cowboy dude was like I like her alot and then they left and then mom's like "They looked scared of her!"
    Does anyone blame them?
    If you put my horse and me together, I guarantee you there is nothing in the world more dangerously frightening than that!

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    You're selling your horse? :tears: Horses seem to pick the funniest things to be scared of sometimes. :roll: I've heard of horses being afraid of ponies.

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Yeah. We're moving to south dakota. :sigh: . I'm going to buy another one down there.
    My horse is deathly afraid of miniature horses. My friend has 17 of them. So we were riding past her pasture of minis and Jinah must have thought they were lawn ordaments (Ikdspellright) and wanted to go touch them with her nose (I taught her to touch the things she's scared of) and so she went over to the fence and the smallest one moved.
    She bunny hopped four times before taking off running. After I got her under control---that wasn't until we were half-way home--- she was shaking badly and sweating. My friend was 1/4th of a mile behind us, laughing so hard she almost fell off her 16 hand Saddlbred/Arab gelding. Jinah would never walk close to that fence again.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    horses do have a sharp and knowing sense if someone is mean...cruel...or has a nasty attitude...disposition.
    They also know when there is kindness.... :horse: :love:

I had a stallion... that I had trained myself ..I could do anything on this stud..hand bred him...... rode him behind a mare in season with full control on a trail ride........

I decided to sell him, a buyer was looking at him, and said he is really nice....
    then we saddled him up,so he could ride ......the stallion froze solid , would not move at all, didn't want to go forward ...backward....side step....nothing.. :shrug: I told the buyer ,I do not understand.....He has never done that with me? Well he got off of him and started looking him over...............to my surprise...The buyer says" NO BALLS",...... I said "WHAT".... he is a ...stallion . The buyer said,No... I looked....Low and behold..... that stud.... had sucked up his balls tight...he looked like a gelding... I told him he is a stallion and has never done that before......the weather was 70 degree's "HOW" :scratch: ...then he said "I think I'll pass".... :shocked: I said OK ...but he is a stud....The buyer was like yeah right.... :roll:
    ...shortly after the buyer left.... I looked again he dropped them back down..... :scratch:
    with him freezing up like that and sucking them up....I am glad I didn't sell him to the guy.....My stallion sensed something..... :idea:
    The next buyer that came out...rode him with no problems.... whatsoever ....and his balls were still down..... :wink: we sold him to these people. :sun:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh Pam thats the funniest thing!! :slapfloor:

Well at least they seemed kind enoug to her and you Talitha, but did they try to rider her at all? Before you sell her make sure the buyer rides her

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    No they didn't ride her. I don't think they were impressed by her 'you are NOT touching me with that thing' performance. So I don't know. I'm hoping they don't call back. I would like it better if a young girl my age would get her because she bonds good with girls. :pray:

Pam: Ohmygoodness, Ididn't know studs could do that! :shocked: So funny! But she doesn't like guys because she got abused by a guy. And these dudes, I mean they were nice, they talked to her and petted her and worked with her but I would definitely feel better if she went to a girl.

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It was... really funny....but a mystery..LOL... :greengrin: :ROFL:

You know ......I didn't either .......until that day...... :shocked: :doh:

I agree..Talitha.... if she was abused by a man .....a women would be.... a better owner for her..... :hug: I also agree....with stacey.... you have to let the buyer ride her.... :wink:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Talitha...animals can sense things that we can't...maybe it's a good thing that she balked.

Pam...that WAS funny....Guess your guy really knew that something was up with that man!

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yeah ....I really believe that...but I never knew ,they could pull them up like that, especially in warm weather.....now that I am thinking about it........I myself....wouldn't of believed it ....unless I seen it.... I should of took a before.... and after shot...LOL ....But that would be kinda weird.. :doh: :ROFL:

10. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Haha.. just about as wierd as cha cha pics.
    That 'reflex' is basically known as 'kegel exercises', if you've hear of those. I think probably every animal can do that. Your horse was probably really tense from that man's prescense, definantly good that he did not buy him from you.

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your so funny Amos... :) ..yep... I am so glad he didn't buy him to... :wink: . :) . :ROFL: