Oil Change

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by OhCee, May 26, 2010.

1. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    So I did my first oil change (myself, not paying someone else). And Twinny assisted by chewing my hair (so helpful!)

Here are pics :)

For those who don't know, I'm from Orange County, CA... I have paid Jiffy Lube to change my oil my whole life, so this is a big step! Hahaha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No, Twinny didn't go into the oil or anything. She wanted to- but then she sniffed it and decided against it. Smart girl.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Good for you!!!

A little tip for the end of another 3,000 miles, be sure to place the oil catching tub further away than you think it should be.....that oil shoots out of the pan when the plug is removed!

Something how goats just have to supervise everything isn't it? :wink:

3. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Oh yeah! I fixed the double of the second pic, haha. Yeah Tim is actually really good at this stuff and thinks it's shameful I've wasted money over the years, BUT that running down my arm is from the filter oozing out all over because i unscrewed it too slow lol! He laughed his buns off and told me to hurry up... Thus the face in the last pic :p

Thanks for the tip! I saw it SHOOT out and i was like "Woah!" Tim laughed- as per usual when I'm doing anything regarding our vehicles haha!

4. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :laugh: Did she steal any tools? Mine ALWAYS make off with something... Moose is i love with the hammer. You put it down, BAM gone! He likes to chew on the ball part. It sounds horrible. Crunchcrunchcrunchgrindgrindgrind

Gina

5. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    This is time when the goats like to chew on your cloths... when you can't move and your hands are all full of gunk. Every where they go they never miss an opportunity that something food like might just appear.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    In that last picture Twinny looks like she is checking your work. :slapfloor: It is cure.

We use to do our own oil changes, all the time but anymore it is almost cheaper to have someone else do them after you pay to have the oil dumped, and then all the mess and clean up.

7. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Yeah she was a good inspector.

We have many, many vehicles and hazardous waste isn't too expensive in bulk. We fill a drum and take it in. When we met, Tim had 21 trucks and a car. We're down to 13 trucks and our 2 cars now... ah, progress. Hopefully he'll be able to sell a lot of them before he moves in a month!

8. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Love the pics! Your lil girl is just adorable, and the expressions she has is priceless!