The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new little buck. He's about 3.5 months and hes a pretty big boy and growing every day. By the size of his dad im guessing hes going to be pretty big.

This is one of my smaller does would it be okay to breed them or do you think she might have trouble with birth? ( he's the fatter one).

Goat Fawn Grass Goat-antelope Terrestrial animal

Goat Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Plant

Vertebrate Goat Mammal Fawn Goat-antelope

Goat Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Goat-antelope

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Btw... This is my first attempt to upload pics and i actually got it to work! Im pretty proud of myself haha. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasent ready to send that last one haha... Do you know of anything i can give her to help put more weight on? She gets hay, about 5 cups of feed and is always in the field. And we are just now finishing up another field with alot of weeds and brush, ...idk maybe that will help?

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I like Noble Goat, or a good 16% protein grain from Purina or Nutrena
A good grain with Black Oil sunflower seeds are great with putting weight on and conditioning the skin and hair.
Calf Manna is a good topping too.

Sounds like your off to a good start

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also you sound like someone who would know :D... I saw a random video on olive oil and how it has a whole lot of calories... is it bad for goats? If i was to put like a tablespoon of it in their feed would it help? Or should i just stick with regular feed? I dont know just a random idea i didn't want to try it unless i asked someone first though. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never seen plain grain at our feed store it always has stuff mixed in :( ... Where would you get black sunflower seed oil?

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I don't think it could hurt by feeding her olive oil, just not too much as that could give her the runs.
You can also put molasses or honey on her grain.
Yes, most grains are a mix of corn, oats, barley, pellets etc. You'd be hard pressed to find a grain that was only one thing, unless it was a pellet, but even those have all kinds of things in them, ust in pellet form.

You can get the Black Oil Sunflower Seeds at any feed store normally, not the oil, but the actual seeds. Think "bird food" those black seeds. They come in 25, 40, or 50lbs, or bulk and you scoop however much you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts