OK Goat Feild Day

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by 7acreranch, Apr 11, 2010.

1. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
    Just wondering if anyone is planning on going to Langston University Goat Field day this month? They seem to have some good seminars planned ranging from the basics to cheese making. Never mind that its free except for the BBQ lunch. They can also keep the human kiddies busy while mom and dad get some info.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that sounds fun... :thumb: ....wish it was closer.... I would be there... :wink: :greengrin:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah, they seem to have a ton of clinics and shows down there I'd like to attend. gr! roadtrip?? lol

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL....Katrina... I know for a fact ...that you know... what road trip means .... as you traveled from Alaska to Cali..... now that is a road trip.... :laugh: :D

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yes, and we went even further down the AZ. I really love them, maybe in the next few years I'll drive down and go to shows to see the goats and bring a kid up (baggage it costs $100 flat fee ) I love road trips!! I get to see so much, in California the redwoods were huge and the coast was beautiful, my fav/ was northern Cali and Oregon, cant get too far away from mountains and snow. :)

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I have been to one of them, it was pretty cool, definitely lots of information. Not sure if I'm going to be there this time or not.

7. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
  8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow.... you all ....are going to be busy.... way to go... :thumb:

Must be nice to travel that much.... it seems like I am stuck... :sigh: :wink:

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    awe. Pam you can come up to Alaska if ya want. :D

It's nice in the Summer. :sun: all the time!!!

10. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    We used to have Goat Days here, but I'm not sure they're having it again this year. There wasn't much about goats going on. Usually there was one tent with some milking goats and a cooking contest, the only time of year someone local and plugged into the right circles might be lucky enough to buy some goat meat. Other than that it was just a crappy local fair. No rides, the same dreary food vendors (only one that sold goat bbq and that only one year), same exhibits (how many times can you watch mini hay bales being made), even the same two people handing out give-away Bibles.

What a resource you guys have! And lunch for $10. What a deal. I'd be interested in any work they're doing on establishing a market for goat meat.