OK here we go! The count down is on!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Di, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Izzy is due Feb 29th. But, her previous owner said she always kids 5 days early. That would be the 24th. Her ligs are really mushy...I have been feeling for them for awhile now, and I wasn't sure I was even feeling the right thing...but there is definitely a change...I can curl my thumb and finger...very different from what I've been feeling! And, she's almost cuddly! Very different. No discharge yet, but her "cha cha" is really puffy, and a little "open?" She's been making a nice udder for awhile now, this is an experienced doe.

So, I've moved her into the barn, I have a nice "kidding" stall all bedded down. Her little buddy Cocoa is in there with her, Cocoa (FF) is due March 5. The baby monitor is plugged in and working (why didn't they have these things when my kids were babies? Oops, boy am I old!). My kiddding supplies are ready, I'm ready, so now it's up to Izzy! Wish me luck (and a little prayer for Izzy) and everybody think PINK!

Di

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Great Di, We are all thinking pink of you and LOTS of pink. Good luck. Hope you have lots of :coffee: ready. I hope you get the posting pictures down really quick because we all want pictures when they are born. If you need help, just let me know and i can help.

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thanks Lori, I've been having computer problems lately, I've almost got it solved. Sigh.

4. gotgoats

gotgoats New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    oklahoma
    Good luck! It's exciting to read about everyone on their wait. I'm waiting on mine. I am hoping tomorrow... :p Let us know how it goes! :coffee2:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My kidding season is over and now it's finally time for me to be able to enjoy everyone elses babies to be!! I'm excited with you!! I'll send you some :girl: too! My girls blessed me with 6 doelings and 3 bucklings this year so I can definately spare some :girl: !!!!

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Woohoo!! Good luck and hoping for girls!! :girl: :girl: :girl:

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hows Miss Izzy doing now? Can't wait to hear what she has

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Nothing new so far. I waited to start this "watch" on purpose...I suppose she'll keep us waiting. But, that's OK, hopefully it'll warm up soon. I never got my kid coats. Paid for them almost 3 weeks ago...still haven't come. I guess I'll have to improvise. Later...Di

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If they are gonna be mini babies, the small dog sweaters work great...easy to get and are really cheap! Thats what my kids are wearing now.

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I saw someones pics with cute little sweeter on...maybe I'll pick some up just in case, thanks. Well, Izzy doesn't seem to be in a hurry. So, I wait. But, that's what I thought would happen, hopefully it won't be long. She seemed a little upset when I put her in the barn...but, this morning I opened the gate and let them into the yard...she didnt want to go out. I let her choose, she went back in the barn. She ate a little grain but is not eating too much hay, she usually is the bossy, pushy one. She's still being very friendly, and talk-a-tive. All good signs, right?

Di

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    All very good signs! :D Welcome to the world of kidding (and hair loss :hair: LOL)

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hehe - yup, the kidding life has hit you, you will never be the same again :wink:

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Ok, it's Monday afternoon, she's just taunting me. But, I did get her clipped today, she was not very cooperative about it. Oh well. It'll happen in its own time. :roll:

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Di - don't fret over kidding! I know it is easier said then done - but I learned the hard way with my first kidding and not sure if the due date was correct! I was a wreck!

My coats didn't get here till shortly after the kids were born - so I used a sleeve of an old sweatshirt and it worked great. I did not keep the cuff on though. I cut right at the cuff and them measured down the length of the body, and then cut front leg holes. Sailor's Moon loved it!!! She actually likes it better then the coats!

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I actually have some old sweatshirts I can cut up...pain that I paid for these coats and they still aren't here. Oh well. Izzy is enjoying her celebrity. I check on her several times a day, and before I go to bed. I have the baby monitor, which I like btw, I can hear all the barnyard noises in my kitchen, kind of cool. They were making little noises last night (baby monitor now beside by bed), so I almost went out, but they weren't the frantic "I'm having a baby" noises so I didn't. I'm pretty sure about the date...she was bred when I got her and the owner supervised the breeding and was sure she didn't come in heat again. Thanks again, I need the moral support! Di

16. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    How exciting, all my girls are rooting for her!

The day before she kidded Mystify was eyeballing the kidding barn. I brought her up to her pen but didn't shut it. She waddeled out behind me like she just wanted to check if it was ready.

17. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Sshhh, don't say anything...I don't want to jinx it...Izzy is yawning and stretching...I'm sure I saw a contraction. I think she's just getting them in position. But, her ligs are GONE, her tailhead is raised and she's made a really good nest. It's 1:00a.m. but I'm definitly not going to sleep for awhile. I'll keep you posted. :girl: :girl:

Di

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I'm on here. Late night for me too... Goooooo IZZY!!!!!!!! :stars:

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    did you end up getting any sleep?

I was up till 1:00am but that was only because i couldn't fall asleep :shrug:

So any kids?

20. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh pooh! I went out at 12:30 last night and Izzy was stretching and pawing and looking back at her considerable girth. So, naturally I thougt the time had come. I went out every 2 hours or so to check on her...I could hear her making little noises through the intercom. Every now and then a big grunt...very unladylike. There were times she was almost like in a trance...very docile...and her cha cha is really puffy. But, no goo. But, she's acting normal this morning. Not eating alot...but some.

Stacy how are you feeling? I got a flu shot but they say it missed the mark a little and isn't very effective...so I've been staying home. You are probably to young to need Melatonin, but I take that every night, helps me sleep.

Thank you all for helping me through this first one...I knew I was going to start this too early...I feel a little silly now. :oops: Di